IMDB's Next Top Model Cycle 4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COVERMODEL OF THE WEEK #5!

+8
Jonny-boy
Nigel
awkward_silences
Breenis
norris6489-Vic
Mikiel
Jilpen
Sweet_Tyra
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who was your fave this week?

COVERMODEL OF THE WEEK #5! - Page 2 Vote_lcap52%COVERMODEL OF THE WEEK #5! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 52% 
[ 14 ]
COVERMODEL OF THE WEEK #5! - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%COVERMODEL OF THE WEEK #5! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 4 ]
COVERMODEL OF THE WEEK #5! - Page 2 Vote_lcap26%COVERMODEL OF THE WEEK #5! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 7 ]
COVERMODEL OF THE WEEK #5! - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%COVERMODEL OF THE WEEK #5! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 27

Poll closed

COVERMODEL OF THE WEEK #5! - Page 2 Empty Re: COVERMODEL OF THE WEEK #5!

Post  Karasu Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:04 pm

Jonny-boy wrote:okay. so how many people this cycle entered themselves and how many were asked to enter by The Peoplez? because i have no idea. i wish i'd been around for the first half of the cycle. =/

Basically everyone but Chris and Victor were asked to enter
Karasu
Karasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Breenis Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:05 pm

Brad entered for me and registered but never turned shit in, so it was pretty clear he didn't really want to do it and I felt like a bit of an assface for making him do it.
Even though his promo pics were hotttttt. I love that kid.
Audrey, Amber, Kristen, and I thiiiink Dani were friends of Shaq's. Like Shaq, I think they all WANTED to do well but they just had no idea what it was about. Audrey was learning but, well...
Emma was doing it as a favour to Leigh (as was Chloe last cycle) and obviously I am kind of glad she dropped out because her already being a pro model wasn't really fair. I mean, "not wanting it" is one thing, I have no problem with people who don't take this competition to heart, but it'd suck to get eliminated over someone who didn't want it because they had a pro studio and you didn't.
I was really glad that Laura hopped in at the last second. She's been very underpraised but I do think she's made the most drastic improvement. I think she's in it for all the right reasons, even if she's doing this for Alex - she's obviously learning something and having lots of fun. She's beautiful and is appearing more and more beautiful as the competition progresses... reminds me of my own little journey back in Cycle 2.
Breenis
Breenis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jilpen Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:18 pm

Victor, don't you dare say anything.
Jilpen
Jilpen

Back to top Go down

Post  norris6489-Vic Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:26 pm

Too late...

Breenis wrote:No, in fact, dear Jonny Boy. I did not read.

I DO think it's also telling that the judges (besides Leigh) often critique Victor as having a sense of desperation in his pictures. Is there such thing as wanting it too much? Yeah, I do think so, or at least, wanting it for all the wrong reasons.

I don't even know how to properly respond to that besides... ummm... ok??? Like... I really don't know what you want. Do you want me to care about the competition or not care? Should I post less? Should I turn my pics in late? Like... honestly... why wouldn't I care about something that I'm putting time and effort into. Of course I care. And of course I want to win. Maybe my personality is too competitive, but I say, why sign up if I don't intend to win? Of course I want to win.
And the reason I believe Mikiel "backpeddled" on his statement is because people here really get upset at some of the most silly things. If Mikiel would have just left it at Vic is the only one left who signed up on his own, there definitely would have been some people jumping down his throat. These boards really amaze me sometimes...
norris6489-Vic
norris6489-Vic

Back to top Go down

Post  Jilpen Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:34 pm

Rolling Eyes
Jilpen
Jilpen

Back to top Go down

Post  Breenis Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:44 pm

Woah woah woah, Victor. I'm not saying you don't care. I think you're being a bit too defensive here, because you seem to read my post as "Boo Victor! Boo Victor! Boo Victor!" without reading what I'm trying to say. I'm really trying not to say anything with malice, though you seen to disagree. Trust me when I say I'm not knocking you for the sake of knocking you. If I were, then I WOULD just be saying "BOO VICTOR!"
We've told you, and you've agreed, that we sense some desperation and over-eagerness in your pictures and it TAKES AWAY from the actual photograph. There's a quote from the movie Center Stage that I like - "I want to see the movement, not the effort behind it." Well, I would like to see the overall effect of your pictures and not the effort behind it. It doesn't come off as natural, and like I said, it's probably because this competition is a lot more serious to you. And I'm not saying, don't take it seriously, but you have to admit that the others seem to be able to relax in photos a lot more than you, and that's why they're more convincing. And I know it's important to you that you show your desire, but when it comes down to it, most of us vote based on who took the better picture, not who wants it most. I'm not saying "stop posting." I'm not saying "turn in pictures late." But I'm saying that that's not what gets you the title. Blom wanted the title so badly in Cycle 2 and the judges seemed sad to eliminate him but it was all about the pictures. Lucy was a heck of a lot more serious than I was, but that didn't change the judges' mind.
Only you can change your pictures, only you can change your way of posing, but I'd hope you at least take the initiative to view this criticism as constructive instead of just making me out to be the bad guy. If I didn't care I wouldn't give you advice. Chill. Relax. It'll make your pictures way better.

Last edited by Breenis on Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Breenis
Breenis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny-boy Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:44 pm

Breenis wrote:Brad entered for me and registered but never turned shit in, so it was pretty clear he didn't really want to do it and I felt like a bit of an assface for making him do it.
Even though his promo pics were hotttttt. I love that kid.
Audrey, Amber, Kristen, and I thiiiink Dani were friends of Shaq's. Like Shaq, I think they all WANTED to do well but they just had no idea what it was about. Audrey was learning but, well...
Emma was doing it as a favour to Leigh (as was Chloe last cycle) and obviously I am kind of glad she dropped out because her already being a pro model wasn't really fair. I mean, "not wanting it" is one thing, I have no problem with people who don't take this competition to heart, but it'd suck to get eliminated over someone who didn't want it because they had a pro studio and you didn't.
I was really glad that Laura hopped in at the last second. She's been very underpraised but I do think she's made the most drastic improvement. I think she's in it for all the right reasons, even if she's doing this for Alex - she's obviously learning something and having lots of fun. She's beautiful and is appearing more and more beautiful as the competition progresses... reminds me of my own little journey back in Cycle 2.

ah, ok. i do think Laura is awesome. i voted her this week because i thought her runway shot was gorgeous and she's really getting better.

about Audrey, i did apologize and sent her a pm begging her to re-enter, i wish she would.
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

http://www.myspace.com/standupmotherfucker

Back to top Go down

Post  norris6489-Vic Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:46 pm

And one more thing... the LAST thing that I like to do is argue or have disputes with people. I'm not that type of person at all. If anyone knows me from other boards like Ava or Erik, they can tell you that I'm the most peaceful person. I just personally don't agree with a lot the way things are around here, and when someone makes a false assumption about me, I will say something. That is all. And sorry for saying something Jilpen. I know you didn't want me to. lmao! Razz
norris6489-Vic
norris6489-Vic

Back to top Go down

Post  Breenis Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:49 pm

There's something very special about the shape of Laura's face, especially her jaw. It reminds me a bit of Danica from AusNTM Cycle 3. She also takes makeup very well. She's my favourite face of the competition. And Wendy's body is awesome. Like Chantal - not afraid to use her curves.
I wish Laura had sent in a pap-smear shot (don't be disgusted, this is what I call 'em) because I would have liked to see her get a first call-out and I guarantee if her shot was anywhere near the caliber of her runway, she would have, considering almost all of us called her first for runway.
Breenis
Breenis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny-boy Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:51 pm

Laura's fabulous, i'm really rooting for her, so she better turn in all her photos these next few weeks. i hope she read what you said, because her runway was FIEEEEEEERCE.
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikiel Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:06 pm

Breenis wrote:Oh Mikiel, don't stick your tail up and then tuck it between your legs. If you didn't mean to imply anything with your little revelation, why'd you even say anything?
I'll be honest about why I backpedalled on my statement. Its because I don't want to come off as trying to single people out or anything. If that makes me a pussy then so be it. I just like to point things out when it comes to the competition hahaha.
Mikiel
Mikiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Breenis Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:37 pm

Well honestly I liked that you brought it up.
Breenis
Breenis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny-boy Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:40 pm

if there's anyone who needs to be singled out, it's Amber.
Where
Is
She?

it's like Jazzkendra.
it's madness.
it's carpets.
it's carpet madness.

Sales start Friday.
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Breenis Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:44 pm

*insert carpet-eating joke*
Breenis
Breenis

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey-GaGa Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:52 pm

Breenis wrote:*insert carpet-eating joke*

COVERMODEL OF THE WEEK #5! - Page 2 The_baby_snuggie_pm-thumb-300x433

I'm sure the lesbians LOVE the baby snuggie.
Joey-GaGa
Joey-GaGa

http://www.heymantalent.com/talent/details.cfm?ID=ie06w5109qnghk

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny-boy Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:57 pm

Sigourney Weaver hates it.
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

Back to top Go down

Post  wendy. Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:56 am

Mikiel wrote:Victor FTW!

but i'm still your favorite, duh
wendy.
wendy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:02 am

Aww thank you judges for believing in me LOL it's been fun!! =)
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny-boy Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:04 am

what do you mean "it's BEEN fun"?!?!?! you're still in this and you better still be in it to WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Karasu Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:14 am

Lol shes not leaving
Karasu
Karasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:23 am

yea Alex is keeping me hostage lol jk
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny-boy Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:25 am

Karasu wrote:Lol shes not leaving

oh good. no more past tense sounding statements plz.

this competition IS fun. ;D
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikiel Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:46 pm

Duh you're still my favorite. You're a fierce skank. :]
Mikiel
Mikiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum