IMDB's Next Top Model Cycle 4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Juding Panel #1 is finally here!

+13
Jonny-boy
SARAA
Jilpen
Ava
The Chantal Kendrick
awkward_silences
Nigel
Cozy.little.tomb.
norris6489-Vic
Lifey66
Karasu
VeganChris
Sweet_Tyra
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Juding Panel #1 is finally here! Empty Juding Panel #1 is finally here!

Post  Sweet_Tyra Tue May 26, 2009 6:23 am

Hello everybody! Welcome to your very first Judging Panel!!

Let me introduce you to our judges for this week!

Nigel, our wonderful cracked up photographer.
Cozy, Runner-Up of Cycle 1.
Bree, Winner of Cycle 2.
Karasu, Winner of Cycle 3.
Mr Marky Filebolt, who is a bit silent today!
The ever so honest AndyStern.
And MEEEE, SweetTyraLesus.

Before we begin, I would like to tell you that the judges were overall very disappointed with the submissions this week. A few of you excelled above the rest, but that wasn’t hard, because the majority of you failed to put in the effort required. Now, I understand it is the first week and everyone is still settling into the competition, so I am forgiving you. However, a few of the other judges havnt been so lenient! Let me tell you right now that it is NOT acceptable to send in pictures you already have on your computer. Each brief you receive has very specific guidelines and if you don’t adhere to those, the judges will know and they wont be kind about it! Do not be discouraged though!! The first week is always the hardest and it is always the longest. I know you will all improve, so just keep focused!!

But lets not dwell on the negative. There were some great efforts this week and I am always very excited to receive the pictures. So, lets not waste any more time!

This week was all about raw talent, potential and an understanding of two different types of fashion modelling- couture and commercial. The circus theme allowed you to show us your creative side.

First one to be critiqued is XANDER!

COMMERCIAL:
Juding Panel #1 is finally here! 2-Xander

Cozy: Love the prop idea, the outfit and setting aren't bad. Your smile is a little stiff, but i respect your faithfulness to the brief. Try to have more energy on set
Karasu: The movement is nice, the props are nice, but i dont feel like you were really modelling here. The smile does seem forced and i think the umbrella does most of the work here. It is the first photoshoot, so it's understandable. In future photoshoots, try to get into character more.
TyraLesus- The energy is there. I like the idea of the umbrella, but you havnt used it very well as a prop, blocking the bottom half of your body like that doesnt really work. The reason I chose this picture was because it was the only one i felt the genuine joy. The face would sell in a commercial market, but not the rest of the picture. Its kinda like "Hehe look at me im holding an umbrella. And thats it...."
Andy: I knew you would be the comedian I just knew it! I like this photo. I get confused court jester out of this and I love that you took a risk with the umbrella. While it cuts off the bottom portion of your body, I still say you got the carnival/ circus theme and went for it, so bravo to you!
Bree: I love the makeup and the vest, and it's clear you tried really hard to make this look circus-like. The umbrella adds a cool touch. That being said, the happiness still looks forced. One of the factors is that your teeth are a bit clenched, the other is that the body is a bit feminine. It's not a great shot, but it's not terrible by any means
Nigel: It's not a bad picture, but I mean, it's not really circusy. I think someone said that without the umbrella it would just be a picture of you standing there, and I support that. The facial expression is good though. Sometimes smiling can turn cheesy, but you didn't do that, so good job on that.

COUTURE:
Juding Panel #1 is finally here! 1-Xander

Cozy: I don't really get the hand placement here, but the expression is intriguing. So relaxed, yet showing a little concern. The flower behind the ear thing is a little feminine, and i wouldn't necessarily guess circus as much as in your commercial, but thanks for actually making one of these a headshot!
Karasu: This is a little bit better,but you look kinda sad. I also think you got a little too creative with the diamond and the rose,so everything just gets lost.
Bree- You look a lot like Kevin Smith. I just want to get that out of the way. I like the compostion of the frame, and I'm pleasantly surprised by your face. It's a B+, which is admittedly a lot more than I expected from you. My one complaint is that it looks like you forced the downturn in your mouth, so it looks a little cartoonish as opposed to genuine. But overall this is a great beauty shot for you.
Andy: Oh Xander. This gets a Wah- Wah. I really just dont think couture is your style. This picture is just flat out bad, and I think half of it isnt even your fault. I think you tried to inject some of your goofy self into this photo and it just didnt work out to well
TyraLesus- I like it. I like the eyes. Its like a sad diamond theif clown whos lover ran off with the other accomplice haha. Im just worried that the photography is really what carries this pictures across. Which isnt really the worst thing, just a note for the future, I want you to make sure you stay present in every picture you take. And Jonny, I hope that isnt extreme photo editing
Nigel: Now, I get what you were going for with the expression and everything, but you look kinda sad. Just because it's couture doesn't mean you can't be a little bit happier. I like the makeup though, BUT I don't like that it looks photoshop! oicu flower! Anyway, it's a good first week for you, but next time step it up a little more. Your ideas are good, it's just a matter of executing them perfectly.

Thanks Xander!
Next up is Emma!

COMMERCIAL: “Magician’s Assisstant”
Juding Panel #1 is finally here! Emmanumber2

Cozy: Gorgeous, gorgeous. I love your natural smile! It doesn't fit the brief, but you obviously have modeling experience and actual talent, which is great. I would love to see you pull out a photoshoot without any help from professionals though, since this is an amateur competition. no offense!
Karasu: Wow this looks like a professional ad . You look very commercial and i love the energy that you are giving. I only wish you wouldve had more color in this shot,because it looks a little bit like the couture one.Also i think looking at the camera would've been better. A+ =D
Nigel: You know, you kinda remind me of Jenny Mccarthy in this picture, but not in a hookerish kind of way. Anyway, I like the softness here. I don't really see "magician's assistant", but as a commercial picture, this is awesome. My only problem is that I can't see your left arm. It wouldn't have been a problem if you hadn't put your left hand on your shoulder too. Other than that, great job!
Bree: *insert same comment as the last shot* It's not very circus-like. I think there's the glove and that's it. But it's a great commercial pose, you look beautiful, and your hair is, like, my favourite thing in the world. Just make sure you're staying in the brief. You seem to be playing it a little safe for the sake of staying "pretty." You're like a way-better version of Amaranth.
Andy: You are giving a sex kitten look if I have ever seen one. I love this picture. Unfortunately I dont see how it fit the brief. But I love your coy "come and get me look." However, if we were saying that this was a circus photo I would have no clue that that was what you were trying to aim for.
TyraLesus: LOL Bree! Emma, your eyes arent really present here, they kinda get lost under the makeup. I wish you would have been looking at the camera. But I love the little smile, its soft and genuine. And I was hoping for a bit more colour and vibrance, but I think you did a good job. See, Im not gonna be easy on you just coz we are buddies and I dont want you to slacken off or relax. AHHHH GENE PARMESAN!!!!!

COUTURE:
Juding Panel #1 is finally here! 1-Emma

Andy: This shot is no doubt in my top 5 FAVORITE PICTURES EVER in INTM HISTORY!!! I think this is flawless and I get sexy lion tamer with this.
Bree: It's a good thing you had the little "titles" of your pictures, because without those titles, we would not notice anything vaguely circus-like about it. I like that you had a theme going on, but if Leigh hadn't stated it, I wouldn't see it, and if you have to tell someone your theme, it's not literal enough. I don't know if this is couture, but you wear these clothes so well. You are very present, you have already mastered your angles, and you have a breathtaking body. I just wish it were more circus-like.
Cozy: This is again, a very professional, well-planned shot. I love your outfit and your confidence in your body and face. However it doesn't play out a "scene" as much as I would like. Too safe, and neither one of your pics are a head shot. But absolutely gorgeous.
TyraLesus: Pssst Cozy! I said there must be at least one full body shot not head shot!!! Razz I dont know whether it could be considered Couture, but I love it, especially the hair haha. I think its a little too sex kitten for what we wanted maybe haha Razz, but the idea behind it was good, the lion idea, really creative. Theres soemthing about the pose I am unsure about, maybe a little too stiff, I dunno, it doesnt flow right for me, maybe a little bit of a bend or a lunge in the legs wouldve worked better. But its a great shot!
Nigel: This is more circusy than the commercial one, but still not enough. It's a great picture, but doesn't really fit the theme. I do agree that it's a little too sex kitten, but that doesn't mean it's not good. I like the pose and the outfit and the hair and everything. Next time, just try to done down the sexiness.
Karasu: This is VERY cool. Its not really couture, but its a really great shot. I like the crazy outfit and the flipping of the hair. You tilted your head a bit too much,its still great, just be more aware of the camera position in the future. A+++ for this one haha.

VICTOR, you are next!!

COMMERCIAL:
Juding Panel #1 is finally here! 2-Victor

Karasu: I like it, maybe its not the best, but its good for your first week. My only problem is the setting, you are kindof getting lost in the grass and that huge space above you isnt making it better. Next time crop the picture so you are the main focus
TyraLesus: YES, CROP!! Cropping can be your best friend guys!! This is a really good example of a picture that has the potential to be a great shot, but is just ruined by whitespace. The laugh is genuine and infectious, but the whole composition of the photograph is just terrible. This was the main reason I didnt choose your juggling shot- I thought that one was really cool, but your face just disappeared among everything else in the shot- the trees, the sky, the washing line, the fence, the house. Be very wary of your location and also dont be afraid to edit your picture once youve taken it! CROPPP!
Bree: I'm going to echo Leigh's comment about the cropping. But I do like all the lush flora in your setting. This looks like old nineteen-twenties circus, like you're an old ventriloquist's dummy who fell off the truck and got left. Your pose is nice and uninhibited, I just wish I could put a little bit more "model" into you
Cozy: I love love love your goofy smile, you look like a little kid hopped up on sugar (which is the inspiration for most clowns). The outfit is good, the background isn't necessarily BAD but i think you could have done more with it
Nigel: The expression is a bit...posey. There's a difference between actually being happy and just acting like you're happy. I don't think you were really happy. Now, I don't get the circus feeling from this :/ The clothes would work for "circus", if done right, but I think it's the pose that's taking that away
Andy: This looks like a Modeling 101 pose. Between the hand on the head and the squatted expression, I dont really get that circus vibe from you. The way your posed doesnt fit your surroundings and it comes off very stiff. Its not a terrible shot, I do like your face, however the picture as a whole is very... off

COUTURE:
Juding Panel #1 is finally here! 1-Victor

Cozy: This is fabulous! I love the head, and your slinky, creeping through the grass pose is fantastic. You look like a dancer. A tighter crop and a more clear focus would have made this shot perfect, especially since we asked for one headshot. Thanks for following the brief (sort of)!
TyraLesus: I absolutely LOVE the concept. This is definately what I wanted when I asked for creepy, its great I love it. Again though, the framing isn't really right, theres just soemthing a bit off about it. Experiment with cropping next week coz cutting away a few cms from the side or from the top can really help the dynamic effect of a picture. Im predicting the other judges are gonna slam you for your no-neck, but Im fine with the no-neck for this shoot, it adds a creature like element. Well, done, much better than your other shot.
Andy: A tad bit blurry. I am not sure if I like this picture. On one end I appreciate the pose and get a very "Clockwork Orange" look from it. However on the other end, I am not sure how this ties into the circus theme this week seeing as you have a mannequin head in your hand.
Karasu: Love the pose, very creative. I like the creepy circus theme going on here, and i think the overexposure makes it look ten times better. Great job =D
Nigel: Now, here I like the pose! I like your expression, and your body and all of that! only thing is...I still don't get circus. Yeah, it's creepy and eerie and dark and whatever, but not circus. I don't get the head :/ I don't really think it's necessary because you're already making the picture creepy with the pose and the expression
Bree: The concept is cool, but something about it feels off. I like the demonic vibe you're giving, but again, the body language is a bit too forced and not modelesque. You've got no neck and the leg up kind of lacks a purpose, it's just off in no-man's land. Your legs look short as well. You have all it takes, I just think you try too hard. Pull it back a bit next week and try to be a bit more modelesque.

MORE SOOOON!
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

https://imdbntmfour.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Juding Panel #1 is finally here! Empty Re: Juding Panel #1 is finally here!

Post  VeganChris Tue May 26, 2009 6:28 am

Emma's couture picture is A-MAZING!
VeganChris
VeganChris

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweet_Tyra Tue May 26, 2009 6:48 am

Welcome back!!

Next up is ANN!

COMMERCIAL:
Juding Panel #1 is finally here! 2-Ann

TyraLesus: Not really commercial, I dont feel a happy vibe. It certainly doesnt encourage me to buy anything except for maybe some sunnies to pon your face haha. I do like this shot as a shot, but it definately wasn't what we were looking for. Make sure you read every single word of the brief and make sure youve captured at least most of it, if not all.
Karasu: While you actually look the part (unlike most of the contestants) you are not really portraying commercial. I love the photography, but you’re kinda just sitting there. I do commend you on actually having a costume. It shows that you put effort into it.
Nigel: I don't get circus from this, either. It's 80s. Or wait! maybe a bit Cirque Du Soleil. Like an 80s Cirque Du Soleil. Anyway, this picture is not commercial. You're supposed to be happy, joyful, goofy and whatnot. You're not. You're just dramatically staring at the sky and making this more into a high fashion photoshoot. I like the pose, but I would have preferred if you were looking at the camera and smiling
Bree: I don't love this one as much as your couture. It's not awful, but it's not really commercial, or flattering. You've cut one of your arms off, you kind of cut off your right shoe, and you've made your right arm look a bit big which I know it is not (it's just a bad angle). You have a really strong profile, but it might be a bit too extreme. I still like that I can see how nicely your features photograph.
Cozy: This is more coutoure than commercial in the sense that you're not really connecting with the camera or trying to sell me anything. I like the background, but I'm afraid of this being like last cycle where every time we give you guys a specific costume inspiration, it just boils down to 80s fashion. Good pose, good start. I see potential here
Andy: I like the clothes, I get circus from that, but the overall photo falls flat. A tad bit bland in my opinion and face looks wooden

COUTURE:
Juding Panel #1 is finally here! 1-Ann

TyraLesus: Love it!!! I think you captured the theatrical elements of the circus theme really well. The only thing I can fault is the composition- missing legs, and the brow, its a little...scowly haha, to scrunchy, but other than that, its a great shot.
Karasu: Awesome!!! i love your whole set up/costume its very circus. My only problem is that you are squinting and look a little uncomfortable
Nigel: Hell yes! Finally I have circus! The pose works, the costume works, the make up works, it's awesome! My only negative is that your eyes are too squinty. There is such a thing as smiling too much with your eyes. Other than that, great job!
Bree: OH MAH GAWDDD!!!!!!!!!!! You know, I was so glad when you signed up late because I love love loved your look. You really looked like you had something up your sleeve. THIS is the circus look we've been waiting for, for one thing. So far, yours is the only I look at and see "circus" from. Secondly, you are freakin' WORKING here. You wear the makeup and that top-hat so well. Your gaze is focused at something off-camera so intently that this picture looks almost like you're looking at a lover. A CIRCUS-LOVER! Heh heh. One of the best "first shots" I've ever seen on INTM, maybe next to Chloe's frame.
Cozy: There is too much strain in your face and the makeup is doing something strange to your eyes, but I like the styling and pose. I wish you wouldn't have cropped this so close, because I feel like your body is doing something interesting that I can't see, either that or this should have been a strictly head shot. Not bad
Andy: I am on the fence with this photo. I love what your wearing and it fits the "demented" circus theme perfectly. However, your face on the other hand tells a different story! Did you fall asleep at this circus? I cant tell!

CHRIS, youre up!

COMMERCIAL:
Juding Panel #1 is finally here! Chris-1

TyraLesus: You did a really great job in getting the right emotion across and youve probably done what I asked in that respect better than anyone. HOWEVER, yet again, it is just a nice, kinda uninteresting shot. You didnt incorperate the circus theme at all. I really want you to think about your costume and your styling next time! Youve got loads of potential so dont waste it!
Karasu: Karasu: I’m sorry but this is pretty bad. It looks like you were bored and just threw on some glasses and jumped in the air. You put in no effort into this shot. Was it that hard to at least try to look like a carney? I know you might’ve not had enough time, but its really no excuse. I used to finish my photshoots in half an hour and im a college student that has to study every day. PLEASE put more effort into your next shoot.
Andy: I see that your trying to look like your having fun, with the glasses and the smile but thats about it. Its a bland, boring, and dull photo. I know your jumping but when looking at this photo I feel like your stuck on the ground.
Nigel: I don't really see any circusy thing about this. Or anything fashion, really....This reminds me of Mr. Brightside's first picture :/ You're just jumping there acting goofy. You did well in the goofy department, but that doesn't really cut it. Next time try to spend more time thinking the photoshoot through. It shouldn't take too long.
Bree: I think if this were the real ANTM this photo would be met with silence. On one hand, you are very uninhibited, you're not afraid to look silly, and you controled your face very well while jumping. On the other hand, your styling is whack, your backdrop is bland, and this doesn't capture "circus" in the least
Cozy: Well, this is certainly a funny shot! I just don't feel like you're taking this very seriously. Those are not "circus" clothes, and the sunglasses are the only slightly odd thing about it. Your location was very important in your shoot, and this plain blank wall just made it more boring. I see the commercial potential in your smile, but there needs to be SO much more.

COUTURE:
Juding Panel #1 is finally here! Chris-2

Karasu: I’m sorry but this is just as bad as your commercial one. I don’t feel like you put much effort into this. It would’ve been better if you looked like a circus person but you don’t and its almost like a myspace picture. I’m glad that you at least tried. Next week try a little harder.
TyraLesus: The connection in the eyes, while obviously a little forced, is really what carries this picture through. I thought you were a little bit boring with your whole--everything, to be honest haha. Costume, prop, set, its is all just a little bit bland and not very interesting to look at. Try getting a little more creative next time.
Nigel: While this picture is better than your commercial one, it still isn't great :/ Remember what people said about you trying too hard? You're doing that here. Idk about the other judges, but I want an effortless shot. Also, there's nothing that says circus about this.
Bree: So, where's the circus? Unless your striped shirt is an homage to the striped circus tents. For one thing, I'd say you're a poor man's Karasu right now. He perfected the "intense and serious stare." Yours is still underwhelming at this point. Secondly, this reminds me of when Nigel asked Kathleen what "high fashion" meant to her and she said "Serious look." This isn't really high fashion, this is just a serious look.

Andy: No, not really feeling this shot to tell you the truth. I feel like the rose mixed with the lack of inspiration behind your costume choice and the fact that the other side of your face is very dark makes for a very bad picture. You need to want this and I feel like not just you, but many of the contestants this week, just did their photo shoots half- assed
Cozy: It's okay. You have good face, kinda remind me of Karasu a little. It's just very bland for a couture shot, and also blurry. Holding a flower and looking pensive doesn't make you a high-fashion circus performer. I know you will do better!

WENDY, you are next!

COMMERCIAL:
Juding Panel #1 is finally here! Wendy-1

Andy: This photo is hot like fire!!! You went for it and hit a grand slam
TyraLesus: I think you could have pushed the happy a LITTLE bit further, made it a little more natural. But, your pose is effortless and beautiful. You look like a natural on that swing, so you have done your job really well, I can almost see a bit of uncomfortability in your face, but overall its not bad
Karasu: Awesome. I like the costume and the swing. You look like you are playing the part of an acrobat lol. I think you did the best commercial pose out of all the contestants. You are also one of the few that had a circus-ey costume on. Nice job =D
Nigel: I'm gonna be hard on you because I know you and your Sparteen self. Like Bree said, you coulda added more "POW!" to this. I know you could have done it. I like your pictures, not cause it's you, but I do like them. I just want you to do as best as I know you can.
Cozy: Gorgeous, your smile is perfect for the commercial world! My only concern is that the styling isn't really consistent, which makes it look unprofessional. But you are rocking the part of the trapeze girl!
Bree: That makeup is wearing you a bit, girl. Your smile is *almost* there, your eyes are *almost* there, and your body is *almost* there. You need to add some Tyra-Tension inro your body, though. A little tension in the muscles takes you from "just chillin' on a swing!" to "PAH! You WISH you were me!"

COUTURE:
Juding Panel #1 is finally here! Wemdy-2

TyraLesus: I really like this shot, too bad about the light orbs though. Your legs looks fantastic! I could see this being an ad for a skin lotion, or maybe for tights haha. I dont thinks it is as crazy or dynamic as I would like to see and I see a sort of sadness in your eyes, which doesnt really fit the shoot, but it still makes for an interesting picture.
Nigel: I think you took the circus theme a little too literal...Sure they asked for that, but they also asked for something fashionable. Wearing something stylish on that swing would have worked. I agree about the sadness in your eyes. Next time try to work on tension, and not taking things too literally.
Bree: I think I need to give you pretty much the exact same critique as your last picture. Add some tension. You're so beautiful and interesting to look at and you have a cute pinup-y body, unfortunately you're just kind of sitting here. I'm sure you'll stick around for next week (if the judges have half a brain), so next week try adding some intensity to your posing.
Andy: I love this shot. Its not 100% couture, but I mean I get the vibe you were going for and I think you really did great this week with your scenery, makeup and clothing options
Cozy: I like the drama here, it's a very eery photo, and you look quite dolll-like. I would have liked to see a more extreme pose though, this one is a little too commercial
Karasu: hmm its not really couture, your just sitting there looking at the camera. You couldve done so much more with the swing in this

MORE MORE MORE SOON!!!
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  VeganChris Tue May 26, 2009 7:01 am

Sad Sad I'll try harder next time. The past few weeks have been really difficult for me. But I'll do better from now on.

Ann, you're couture shot gives me goosebumps!
VeganChris
VeganChris

Back to top Go down

Post  Karasu Tue May 26, 2009 7:01 am

ah man i feel bad now. I made that comment when all the bad pictures were posted so i was just mad at the time lol
Karasu
Karasu

Back to top Go down

Post  VeganChris Tue May 26, 2009 7:02 am

oh, don't worry about it. It's not your fault. It's true that I could have tried harder.
VeganChris
VeganChris

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweet_Tyra Tue May 26, 2009 7:03 am

AUDREY, come on down!!

COMMERCIAL:
Juding Panel #1 is finally here! Iwhsua

TyraLesus: I have a bone to pick with you! I like the shot, it is very commercial, you are very pretty etc etc. HOWEVER. I have a feeling you already had this shot, and all the other shots, on your comnputer, am I correct? Because every single frame was different location, wardrobe etc. It COULD have been circus themed, although the snow wear ruined that. If you cant physically take a set of photos every week for this competition, don't expect to make it past the first few weeks! You have soooo much potential to go really far in the competitioon, you just need to spend a little time getting there, ok?
Karasu: hmmm, its very commercial and fun,but i do not see circus at all. I have a feeling that you just sent this in after finding it on your computer. Which is not acceptable and I’m really disappointed because I thought you would shock everyone the most. If you survive this panel I really hope that you don’t do this again
Andy: Um. I really dont see how this fits the brief. In a sense your just there, and it does not work for me... at all. I like your facial expression, you do look like your having fun, but I dont really see any effort put into this photo whatsoever!
Nigel: Ok. This isn't a bad picture. However. 1. You look younger. 2. Your hair's not blonde. 3. It really is obvious you had this picture already. Apart from totally ignoring the theme, you're using an old picture. A normal picture. I don't really know what else to say. If you want to stay, I hope you start being more serious about this
Bree: Oooh, now if this isn't super cute! I love this from a commercial aspect. Your smile is so adorable and genuine, and the way the shot is composed is really really interesting. I'm not sure if it's luck on your part, or if you planned it that way with the cars in the background, but I'm in love with the graphics of this shot. So, that being said, your head looks a bit big (but I love your shape) because of how you're leaning it. And I don't know if I get circus so much as "midwinter fun."
Cozy: As much as Target in the winter may seem like a circus atmosphere to you, it really isn't. I agree with the other judges that this looks like an archive shot. Not a bad picture, just not really relevant in my opinion

COUTURE:
Juding Panel #1 is finally here! 6sv3pl

Bree: I have an extreme extreme extreme phobia of snakes. I don't think I can critique this because I can't even stand to look at it for more than half a second. You're pretty. You're brave. Don't do a picture with that *thing* again. You just about gave me a freakin' heart attack. Ugh
TyraLesus: Haha, lets all work around Brees phobia now Razz You look like one of the Olsens in this pic. I love that you are holding a snake, but I feel zero connection in the eyes, despite the fact they are absolutely beautiful. It looks like you are waiting for the picture to be taken, rather than actually being present in ther picture and in the moment. As the real Tyra says, TENSION!!! The expression doesnt match the scenario, it couldve been a really dynamic photograph, but its fallen flat.
Cozy: This is MUCH better than your commercial shot, but still not great. It's obviously taken by yourself, and could be from any time. I love the live modeling partner, and the expression on your face. Not quite what we were looking for though
Andy: This photo is cute, not couture. Its more Myspace than it is IMDBNTM. Love the snake in the shot, and I think you committed a bit more to this shot than you did your commercial shot. However, I just think that if your going to stay in this competition you have to show a commitment, and all the beauty in the world wont be able to keep you in the competition if you keep sending in photos like this!
Karasu: cute snake =D, but I don’t know if I should give a reasonable critique because I still think you got this from your computer. I mean your hair is different in both pictures and in your commercial one its winter so that kindof gives it away. If you survive this week please PLEASE send in something current that follows the brief.
Nigel: This is a boring picture. I'm sorry, but it is. There's nothing amazing about it. You're just sitting there with your snake in your hand. You could have done amazing things with just a snake. Maybe think Britney circa "Slave 4 U". Something exotic. Instead you sat there and took a picture...I'm guessing it was done with a webcam?

JACK, you are next!

COMMERCIAL:
Juding Panel #1 is finally here! Jack-1

Karasu: Its a really cool picture, to be honest i thought you would do really bad and get eliminated first, but this is a nice suprise. I love the costume and makeup, the pose; everything in this picture is great. GREAT job!!
Cozy:This is ALOT better than what I expected, and you actually followed the brief quite well. the pose is great, but you need to work on a more natural smile. i definitely see CIRCUS.
Andy: You took risks, and guess what they WORKED. I love the comical nature to this picture, and you really excelled in this shot, well done! One thing to work on is that hand though, its distracting!
Nigel: The left hand really is distracting. I do like the picture. I get a circus feeling from this and you kind of remind me of those monkeys with the cymbals. They're pretty rad. You're a bit stiff and I believe this would fit into couture more than commercial, even if you are goofing around. Other than that, great job! I like when people prove other people wrong.
Bree: Don't take offense to this, but you look a bit feminine. It's a good thing though. Shows you could go either way. You look a lot older here than you do in your promo. Your face is great. The body language is a bit stiff, but I get the demented angle you were going for. Relax next time. Oh, and CROP YOUR PHOTO!
TyraLesus: I liked your concept very much, it was one of the best. It reminds me of like...PeeWee Herman, I dunno why lol. Its goofy and fun. But, you have lost the connection in your eyes a little, may be due to the red eye, but possibly also because of the angle. The eyes are usually what sells it in a shot, so just master that and you'll do great.

COUTURE:
Juding Panel #1 is finally here! Jack-2

TyraLesus: I really like the animalistic feel, its very couture. You have lost your pupils though, and that is very important in a shot in order to connect with the audience. I know you weregoing for the creepy feel, but when you lose your pupils, it turns into a very unfashionable crazy. If you find you are staring into your eyelids a little, tilt your head up a bit, which also helps elongate the neck. But other than that, I really like it! It seems the contestants and viewers have underestimated you!
Bree: I did not expect this from you. You are a divine creature. You looked about eight years old in your promo pic, and I wrote you off almost instantly. This is insane; you look possessed, but still fashion-y. I like that you're hunched, but your body lines are still full and nice. My suggestion for next time would be to not tilt your head forward so much that your pupils are not visible. We can't see them as much as we should
Karasu: this is the best this week!!! You look like a possessed monkey/human that got out of its cage and is looking to kill someone, it fits the brief 100%. Amazing job. I still cant believe how much you shocked everyone.
Cozy: Again, much better than I expected. The eyes are a little too scary, try to glare with your actual eyes and not just the whites next time. I love the animalistic pose and the outfit, well done
Andy: Um. This photo is very creepy, I dont see your eyes, and your pose is just a mess! I think I know what you were trying to go for, but you kind of failed miserably. I get monkey more than model!
Nigel: I do like this picture. I don't believe in repetitive comments, but yeah. You lost your pupils and this picture would have been amazing if you had looked up. I still feel like the picture that was chosen for commercial would have fit couture more. Evil monkeyness ftw

MORE SOON!
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweet_Tyra Tue May 26, 2009 7:06 am

Hey guys, i only have 7 minutes of net cafe time left lol

Im gonna post the remiaing pics, no comments, if another judge could edit thatd be fab

LAURA:

COMMERCIAL:
Juding Panel #1 is finally here! Laura-1

COUTURE:
Juding Panel #1 is finally here! Laura-2

AMBER:
Juding Panel #1 is finally here! Amber-1

KRISTIN:
Juding Panel #1 is finally here! 2e210si
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweet_Tyra Tue May 26, 2009 7:09 am

I WILL BE POSTING RESULTS AND NEXT PHOTOSHOOT TOMORROW!!!
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karasu Tue May 26, 2009 7:29 am

LAURA:

COMMERCIAL:
Juding Panel #1 is finally here! Laura-1
Karasu: I like the costume, but i still wish you wouldve smiled more. If you looked a little bit happier, this would've been a great shot. Its still good though.
Bree:Aww, you're cute. Love your turnout (dancer thing). My worry is that because this group has been so abysmal, people are going to reward you just for having it all together. The pose lacks energy from the waist up. Your legs have a nice pose, but your stance is like, "Just chillin!" It's a really cool outfit, but I don't feel like I WANT it, because you're not selling it.
Cozy:I like this, it's sweet. It really looks like you were performing on the lakefront and got your pic snapped. your foot got cut off at the bottom, and it isn't as intense as it could be. just push a little further.
TyraLesus: I agree with Cozy, it is very sweet, pose is nice, but its not enough to make an impact. Its a nice, pretty shot, but just a bit flat. I really like your look, you look like a way prettier version of Amy from SYTYCD Australia. Not that anyone here will know who that is anyway haha.

COUTURE:
Juding Panel #1 is finally here! Laura-2
Karasu: this isnt couture,but it is kinda creepy. you look like an evil carni that plays creepy music lol. Next time have more range in expressions, because like your commercial one its almost there but not quite.
Bree:You look way different here than you did in your commercial! Whoo! The outfit is sick, but again, you're not selling it. Your eyes are almost there. Work on that. Go a little overboard (I know it might be "against the rules," but ask your bro for tips because he is the king of fierce eyes). You're a bit sleepy, and with the mouth that way you look like you're going to be sick. Still, I love your look. You have potential, so I hope you listen to our critiques!
Cozy:I totally love your expression here, though I can't really tell what you're going for. It looks like you're chewing on the flute. I like what you did to make this look different from the commercial shot, I can't tell it's the same person.
TyraLesus: I liked the concept with the flute, but I dont feel that you have really made it a part of you or a part of the scene. To me, it looks very disconnected from everything and not really natural or comfortable. Dont let the prop control you. And again, the face is very pretty. I do like the little subtle sultry look, though. Try to ugly it up a little, fashionably ugly, of course Razz Its a good start and by no means terrible, so good work for your first week. You have big footsteps to follow Very Happy

AMBER:

COMMERCIAL-
Juding Panel #1 is finally here! Amber-1
Karasu: um this isnt commercial and again like 2 other people it looks like you just got this off your computer. It has nothing to do with the brief. I will say that its a nice modelling picture, but major points off for not following the brief.
TyraLesus:Its pretty. But thats about it. It hasnt followed the brief at all really, and Im wondering if you actually did the shoot or just sent me stuff you already had. You are very pretty and do have potential, but just make sure you are putting in all the effort required. Also, you remind me of Kelle from Cycle 3 of ANTM and I didnt like Kelle, so you really need to step it up if you want me to be impressed haha.
Bree:The other judges may disagree with me on this but they can go suck an egg. This is a very brave beauty shot for you, my dear! I wasn't expecting this. Your eyes are very commanding. The mouth tension is weird though. And remember in framing this shot, you don't wanna do anything big with your arms. I like the print and the design of the outfit. It's fashion-circus! Perfect commercial look!
Nigel:You really do look like Kelle. Don't worry though, unlike that hater judge ( I won't say names...just places of origins AUSTRALIA) I liked her. She was fun. Anyway, I do like the picture, and it really is very brave to do such a close up. It's fashiony, but not really circusy. I also don't believe this fits into "commercial" modeling.
Andy:I love this picture. Your face in close up's looks gorgeous. However, now for the bad. You didnt really fit the brief, I dont see carnival/ circus, I just see a gorgeous girl staring into a camera. You dont look like your having fun in this picture, so it kind of steers away from the intended photo Sweet-Tyra was looking for.
Cozy:I is a very nice shot, and I love the inquisitive expression you're giving here, also its not just a boring old headshot. the only thing circusy about it is the leopard print. I give you props for a gorgeous pic, but follow the brief more creatively next time.

*no couture*

KRISTIN:

COMMERCIAL-
Juding Panel #1 is finally here! 2e210si
Karasu: I’m gunna have to say that this is down there with kendra’s frame picture and shaq’s fiesta picture as being the worst picture in intm history. I think you just found this on your computer and sent it in. If you think this competition is all about looks then I suggest you just quit, because it is a waste of time to even judge pictures like this. Did you even read the brief? I have to say that you disappointed me the most, because I thought you would do better than everyone thought.
TyraLesus:Ohhhh dear. I really dont even know where to begin with you and I dont even wanna critique this picture. You only sent in three shots and Im about 98% sure they were shots you already had. None of them fit the theme AT ALL. In the judges lounge, us judges discussed you THE MOST out of anyone and most of us thought you were gonna be one to watch out for. All the time you spend here chatting on the forum should be going towards your photoshoots. We were super inpressed by your enthusiasm on the forum, but that is worth nothing if you arent completing the shoots every week.
Bree: How do you expect us to take this shot seriously? This is less model and more Myspace Camerawhore. Take a good look around at the pictures people have handed in, and see all the effort they've put in - costumes, composition, scenery. You need to take a cue from them and give us some of that. It's not all about how pretty you are. And you are very very pretty. But that's not all it takes to win, and I'm sorry, but after three cycles, you should have known that this would not be acceptible.
Andy:I get fun and I also get Myspace profile picture. This does not work in a modeling competition to tell you the honest truth! This photo flat out sucks and if you want to be on IMDBNTM you have to start showing it to the judges!
Cozy:I can't even critique this, and i'm not gonna bother reiterating what the other judges already said

*No Couture*
Karasu
Karasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Lifey66 Tue May 26, 2009 7:55 am

OMG the competition definitely has brought the fierceness!!!!!

i feel so insignificant now! teehee.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for posting panel!!! I don't think i could have survived starting school tomorrow (after a totally crap infested weekend) without it!! Smile it inspires me for next shoot!
Lifey66
Lifey66

Back to top Go down

Post  norris6489-Vic Tue May 26, 2009 8:05 am

Emma, Ann, Wendy, and Jack... you guys did AMAZING! Very Happy

Thanx 4 the critique judges. i feel like such a dunce because i didnt crop the pics as well as i should. like... OMG! i have like 5 inches above my head in each shot... affraid what was i THINKING??? hahaha. im gonna really try harder now knowing what direction i should go. Im not very artistic like some of you guys so, photography and lighting and colors kind of go over my head... lol. but im definitely gonna try my best next time.
norris6489-Vic
norris6489-Vic

Back to top Go down

Post  Lifey66 Tue May 26, 2009 8:06 am

victor, you aren't a dunce, i thought you looked like a hotty pants, so WERK IT! :p
Lifey66
Lifey66

Back to top Go down

Post  norris6489-Vic Tue May 26, 2009 8:36 am

oh! can i explain the manniquin head? i think some judges asked about it. the brief said to be dark. so... my view of dark was a carny with a severed head... lol
norris6489-Vic
norris6489-Vic

Back to top Go down

Post  Karasu Tue May 26, 2009 8:37 am

norris6489-Vic wrote:oh! can i explain the manniquin head? i think some judges asked about it. the brief said to be dark. so... my view of dark was a carny with a severed head... lol

Lol i thought of it as a cannibal
Karasu
Karasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Cozy.little.tomb. Tue May 26, 2009 8:40 am

i thought it was a magician trick gone horribly wrong.
Cozy.little.tomb.
Cozy.little.tomb.

Back to top Go down

Post  norris6489-Vic Tue May 26, 2009 8:41 am

really?? lol. i never thought of it that way but i see where u may think that... lol.
was there anyone who got a completely positive response?
norris6489-Vic
norris6489-Vic

Back to top Go down

Post  Lifey66 Tue May 26, 2009 8:51 am

can i just say that my '80's' look were a) the only vaguely circus-y things i own (lol, i'm an "Ann Taylor Loft" kind of girl) and b) TOTALLY Circe du Soleil! Very Happy hooray to Nigel for getting that

Razz

also, Wendy I WISH I HAD YOUR FIGURE!!!
because i have big hips (my mom is full italian, its the curse of all the women on that side of the family), and i don't have a particularly full bosom at all, so its just like....pear. and you have SUCH and adorable waistline and you're so cute in both of your pictures!!!

Emma is just gorgeous. the end.

and the boys are really fierce in general, Razz
Lifey66
Lifey66

Back to top Go down

Post  Nigel Tue May 26, 2009 8:57 am

i'm nigel. i "get" things.
Nigel
Nigel

Back to top Go down

Post  Lifey66 Tue May 26, 2009 8:59 am

and i adore you right now for it

will you marry me?
Lifey66
Lifey66

Back to top Go down

Post  Nigel Tue May 26, 2009 8:59 am

i guess
Nigel
Nigel

Back to top Go down

Post  Lifey66 Tue May 26, 2009 9:00 am

great, i'll go file the divorce paperz
Lifey66
Lifey66

Back to top Go down

Post  Nigel Tue May 26, 2009 9:23 am

divorce paperz?
Nigel
Nigel

Back to top Go down

Post  Lifey66 Tue May 26, 2009 9:25 am

things fizzled out with Aladdin (*insert awkward snl reference*)
Lifey66
Lifey66

Back to top Go down

Post  Nigel Tue May 26, 2009 9:27 am

rosario dawson!
Nigel
Nigel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next