IMDB's Next Top Model Cycle 4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vote in the Gun Poll

+5
Sweet_Tyra
Jonny-boy
Breenis
The Chantal Kendrick
Nigel
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Should guns be legal or illegal?

Vote in the Gun Poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Vote in the Gun Poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Vote in the Gun Poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap43%Vote in the Gun Poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 3 ]
Vote in the Gun Poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap57%Vote in the Gun Poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 57% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

Vote in the Gun Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Vote in the Gun Poll

Post  BirdieOwlSlashPterodactyl Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:08 am

"and likely never will." <3
BirdieOwlSlashPterodactyl
BirdieOwlSlashPterodactyl

Back to top Go down

Post  Breenis Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:09 am

I add the "likely" there because... you never know. Twisted Evil
Breenis
Breenis

Back to top Go down

Post  Nigel Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:48 am

why must you all hate me so?
Nigel
Nigel

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey-GaGa Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:49 am

It's not a simple yes or no answer...
Joey-GaGa
Joey-GaGa

http://www.heymantalent.com/talent/details.cfm?ID=ie06w5109qnghk

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny-boy Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:11 pm

Breenis wrote:Mmmmkay, hate to break up the Jilpen-jumping/Anti-Gun rap, but...

The ol' "Guns don't kill people/People kill people" adage is TRUE, and though I am VERY VERY anti-gun I have to say, a killer is a killer is a killer, access to guns is irrelevant.
Yes, the statistics are shocking, but what about death by other means? Also, take population into account - Canada is gun-free and has the second-highest number on that list but we're wayyyy less populated than the US. So you have to ask - is it an access thing, or a culture thing? And what about stabbings or other homicides? If you account for population, deaths by stabbing in Canada and the US are very close.
If I were to move to the US tomorrow, I would not go gun-crazy, and if a gun-toting killer were to move to Canada tomorrow he would not reform and he would likely still find a way to get off on killing.
As jilpen and I discussed, most of the people who kill with a gun did not acquire it legally, and really, do you think someone who has it in their mind to KILL someone is considering "Hmmm, is this legal?" I mean, I've had access to a rifle and ammo pretty much all my life and have known damn well how to use one, I was taught what a kill-shot was before my tenth birthday. Does this mean I will use it on another human being? No, because I have never gotten the urge to kill and likely never will.

so basically. you think the fact that guns being easier to obtain makes the death toll drastically higher is irrelevant? there's no doubt that people kill people, but the fact still is that the easier is it to get a gun, more frequently people are going to be killed. and as Leigh said, how the hell are UNINTENTIONAL shootings to be blamed on people and not the gun? what about guns that go off unexpectedly and kill people? it may not happen very often, but excuse the fuck out of me or anyone else who thinks it happening to even ONE person is enough to say that guns DO kill people.
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

http://www.myspace.com/standupmotherfucker

Back to top Go down

Post  Breenis Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:29 pm

What about accidental car crashes? Accidental stabbings? Accidental overdoses? You guys are focusing on ONE weapon but there are plenty of other deadly things that can kill people both on purpose and by accident - and not only are they legal, they’re more accessible than a LEGAL firearm. Hell, that’s why we keep knives out of reach of children and crap like that. And yet, anyone can buy a blade - even thirteen-year-olds. Accidents, purposeful harm, guns are not the only thing to be concerned about.
I’m just trying to say that you guys are being a liiiittle too over-the-top with the anti-gun thing. I’m anti-gun too but outlawing guns WON’T make the world a better place. Come hang out at Jane and Finch in Toronto and tell me it’s the Emerald freakin’ City.
Breenis
Breenis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny-boy Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:07 pm

okay, so we're focusing on ONE weapon. can you read? this thread is about GUNS, so why would we bring up other things? we're discussing GUNS and how we feel about GUNS. if you would like to make a "what are dangerous things that are too easy to obtain?" thread, be my guest, but this is not that discussion.

that and what's over-the-top? ABSOLUTELY NO ONE IN THIS THREAD HAS SAID WE SHOULD OUTLAW GUNS EXCEPT CHANTAL(and i'm not going to knock her opinion and try to make her feel stupid because i'm sure she has a reason).

you're making it sound like we're all saying "Guns are the only problem and they should all be done away with completely" when we're not.

Leigh, Karasu & i have expressed that guns should be harder to get and if that's over-the-top anti-gun, my gawd, you have a twisted view of what extreme is. i am SO SORRY that i think you shouldn't be able to go to some crack-house or alley and purchase a gun illegally. i really am SO SO VERY SORRY that some of us feel that the world might be a tiny bit safer if it wasn't so easy to get one.

absolutely NO ONE has said outlawing guns would make the world perfect, but some of us think making them harder to get would probably help out society.
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jilpen Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:38 pm

Where I came from, I knew plently of people in gangs and they all had guns and none of them got them legally. I don't think making guns harder to obtain will affect them much.
Jilpen
Jilpen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny-boy Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:42 pm

so if there's not hardly any guns being sold legally and therefore illegally, the chances of them getting them will not change?
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jilpen Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:49 pm

No, they won't. Because maybe it's all corrupt and want them to have guns...oh and they already have them so it really doesn't matter anymore...you certaintly can't take them away. You can't take away something that someone doesn't have. silent Crack is illegal and people still find a way to get it, you don't think getting a gun will be that easy?
Jilpen
Jilpen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny-boy Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:11 pm

guns are confiscated all the time.
and yeah, people will still find ways of getting them, but if it's harder, some of them won't. why make it so easy? if no one tries to make it harder, you might as well hand them out on the street to passerby.
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Breenis Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:46 pm

Can I read? Gee, I don't know, why else would I go to fucking university?
Don't insult my fucking intelligence just because I dared to challenge your stance, which must be right.
You, good sir, are the king of deflection. Someone says something that paints you into a corner or riles you up, and instead of simply sticking to your guns and saying "agree to disagree" you have to bring up irrelevant shit.
Breenis
Breenis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny-boy Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:19 pm

Breenis wrote:Can I read? Gee, I don't know, why else would I go to fucking university?
Don't insult my fucking intelligence just because I dared to challenge your stance, which must be right.
You, good sir, are the king of deflection. Someone says something that paints you into a corner or riles you up, and instead of simply sticking to your guns and saying "agree to disagree" you have to bring up irrelevant shit.

what. the. fuck. is your problem?

first, because Leigh and I disagreed with Jilpen posting a quote, you say we're "jumping" her.

and now you're saying i'm bringing up irrelevant shit when you're the one who started bringing up OTHER things that can cause death. exactly what the fuck did i say that was irrelevant? the only time i brought up anything other than what this topic is about was in response to YOU trying to make everyone you disagree with sound stupid by telling us we're saying things we're not. i am SO sorry that me calling you out when you bullshit makes me the "king of deflection". it's so hilarious to see that you can tell me not to insult your intelligence, when you talk to everyone you disagreed with like they have no fucking idea how the world works.

but hey, since we're on the topic off irrelevant shit, why don't you tell everyone why it is that you're allowed be a complete fucking bitch and call people "fuckface douchebags" just because they didn't send in photos and then harp on me for calling someone a "drama queen" and telling ME "it's just a contest" like you're so goddamn perfect. why is it that you can be completely condescending to Mikiel for pointing out that excluding one person, everyone left this cycle was asked to join by people previously in the competition? heaven forbid anyone do anything, because Bree is ready to jump people's shit and be rude, yet she's going to jump your ass if you even think of doing the same thing.

i have had it with you acting so high and mighty like you're above the rest of everyone because deep down you're a shit-talking, drama-causing, conflict-thriving hypocrite who is always shoving her "listen to me, i fucking know best" attitude at anyone who happens to be posting.
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Breenis Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:23 pm

Hmm, I did have a little one-or-two-liner but I decided to say what was really on my mind when I read your reply.

You ready?

Are you SURE you're ready?

I don't think he's ready.

Well, okay.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

PS. Go Golden Hawks.

PPS. Yeah, I shit-talk and I've always been honest about that. And now that I've said what I think to you, I officially have never said anything behind anyone's back that I wouldn't directly to them. Everyone shit-talks, they just don't admit it.

PPPS. Go Golden Hawks.

PPPPS: HA HA HA HA HA.
Breenis
Breenis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny-boy Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:35 pm

Neutral
you are oh-so-very annoying sometimes.

are we done?
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Breenis Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:47 pm

Now, I don't mean to spew overused catfight jargon, but I'm done if you're done.
If you are going to reply to everything I have to say with attitude, then clearly we're not done and you don't WANT to be done.
"Sometimes?" Dude, I'm annoying ALL the time if you haven't noticed. Real-life and imdb-life. I don't care if you think I am annoying, but clearly something is getting to you. So if you're ready to drop it, then so am I. I will continue to "do me" </recycled catfight jargon> and if you have a problem with it, speak up, but I'm not going to change if I don't see it necessary. If you think your comments actually bothered me, you're quite wrong.
But I think I should cut myself off now because this'll probably turn into a "who gets the last word" competition if I don't, and I never win those.
What I'm saying is, I'm totally ready to drop it if you are but I'm not apologizing for what I say or who I am.
Breenis
Breenis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny-boy Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:53 pm

well neither am i, and i honestly do not want to argue with you because i don't think you're annoying ALL of the time(well, internet-wise, anyway).

and i don't expect you to apologize, as i would hope you don't expect the same out of me.

b mai frend aggen plz? Wink
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Breenis Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:57 pm

Yeah that works, now that we've got it all sorted out I think things will be mighty pleasant again.

*handshake*
Breenis
Breenis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny-boy Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:00 pm

i like when things are pleasant better.

um. but fuck the handshake.

*HUGGLES*
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Breenis Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:08 pm

*insert snuggie joke*
Breenis
Breenis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny-boy Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:12 pm

snuggling, huggling, whatever makes it hawt.
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Breenis Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:19 pm

Side-note which will hopefully distract from our fighting -
So, you know Snuggle, the fabric softener who's mascott was a cute little teddy bear? Did anyone ever have or know of plush versions of those teddies? My sister had a whole collection and I still have a Snuggle Bear myself; he's in puppet form and you can actually stick your hand up his ass.
He was a real hit with the guys on my floor.
Anyway, a lot of people were like "WTF?" when they saw my Snuggle Bear. Can anyone back me up that I'm not insane?
Breenis
Breenis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny-boy Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:49 pm

STORY: my mother used Bounce for forever, and then one day she switched to Snuggle and i'm allergic to it and i broke out into the worst cases of hives for like 5 months before we figured out what was doing it, we literally had no idea.

i had a Snuggle stuffed animal bear too, and when i found out i was allergic to it, i threw it away.
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey-GaGa Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:51 pm

Breenis wrote:*insert snuggie joke*

Vote in the Gun Poll - Page 2 The_baby_snuggie_pm-thumb-300x433
Joey-GaGa
Joey-GaGa

http://www.heymantalent.com/talent/details.cfm?ID=ie06w5109qnghk

Back to top Go down

Post  Breenis Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:55 pm

THAT WOMAN HAS A TUMOR! AND THE TUMOR HAS A FACE!!!! Fyi, Joey, that made me laugh so hard I had to leave the room at work.

Lulz at you throwing the bear out, Jonny.

When I was fifteen we had a boarder who was my mom's best friend's daughter's boyfriend (sounds complicated, but it's not...) who's now her husband. Anyway, he was twenty-five but had never done laundry outside of an automatic-dispensing laundromat before, so when he was at our house he went to do laundry for the first time, and he didn't have a lot so he washed my stuff too, and when the washer dinged I went to get it and I was like, "Uh... Shane... why does it smell like Downey so bad I want to puke?"
He washed our clothes with Downey, thinking it was detergent!

... men!
Breenis
Breenis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum