IMDB's Next Top Model Cycle 4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brief Welcome/Reminder to all models:

5 posters

Go down

Brief Welcome/Reminder to all models: Empty Brief Welcome/Reminder to all models:

Post  Cozy.little.tomb. Sat May 09, 2009 3:57 am

Hello! This is Judge Cozy. I'm just sending out a brief threat. haha.

A lot of the judges have been speculating and complaining about the idea of "Myspace-ness" in photos. In case you don't know what i'm talking about, here's a little blurb from Urbandictionary: "1. Having a view of the arm coming towards the camera, showing that the person is taking the picture of themselves." This is also evident through extreme upward angles or fake profiles.

Here's the threat part: If ANYONE posts a picture like this i will be extremely displeased and probably rank them very low on my callout. If I see high camera angles or other evidence that you took this shot yourself there will be consequences. Now, there are easy ways to take pictures of yourself without making it obvious. Use the timer function on your camera (because none of you are using camera phones or webcams, right? good.)

Something else: unless it makes sense for the shoot, please do not take your pictures in the bathroom. When we say "don't have a cluttered background" we don't mean we want a white ceramic tile wall with a lovely view of your sink. Location, location, location.

These should be obvious, but a lot of people last cycle and the ones before ignored these. We are making fashionable photos here, people! Act professionally. You should be using at least 50-100 frames in each shoot, and be prepared to re-do if you don't like what came out (which is why it's a good idea to do it ASAP). Stopping halfway to check your progress is also a good idea.

Have fun everyone!
Cozy.little.tomb.
Cozy.little.tomb.

Back to top Go down

Brief Welcome/Reminder to all models: Empty Re: Brief Welcome/Reminder to all models:

Post  Jonny-boy Sat May 09, 2009 4:05 am

haha, i love you Cozy.
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

http://www.myspace.com/standupmotherfucker

Back to top Go down

Brief Welcome/Reminder to all models: Empty Re: Brief Welcome/Reminder to all models:

Post  Karasu Sat May 09, 2009 4:20 am

You know for my fish picture i took them myself, without a self timer lol
Karasu
Karasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Cozy.little.tomb. Sat May 09, 2009 4:35 am

because you're good at not making it obvious. there was no arm leading towards the lens. lol.
Cozy.little.tomb.
Cozy.little.tomb.

Back to top Go down

Post  Killian Machine Sat May 09, 2009 4:35 am

CozyTombRez wrote:

Something else: unless it makes sense for the shoot, please do not take your pictures in the bathroom. When we say "don't have a cluttered background" we don't mean we want a white ceramic tile wall with a lovely view of your sink.

I am guilty as charged. Embarassed
Killian Machine
Killian Machine

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny-boy Sat May 09, 2009 5:12 am

CozyTombRez wrote:because you're good at not making it obvious. there was no arm leading towards the lens. lol.

exactly. i saw a MySpace Next Top Model where the girls ALWAYS took pictures in the bathroom and in most of them, you could see the effing camera in the mirror's reflection. it was painful to see. ANTM fans everywhere would die of annoyance.
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny-boy Sat May 09, 2009 5:12 am

Killian In The Name Of wrote:
CozyTombRez wrote:

Something else: unless it makes sense for the shoot, please do not take your pictures in the bathroom. When we say "don't have a cluttered background" we don't mean we want a white ceramic tile wall with a lovely view of your sink.

yeah, but that wasn't like ALL of your pictures and you did get pretty creative with most of them. =]
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Killian Machine Sat May 09, 2009 2:50 pm

Jonny-boy wrote:
Killian In The Name Of wrote:
CozyTombRez wrote:

yeah, but that wasn't like ALL of your pictures and you did get pretty creative with most of them. =]

Very Happy Thank you.

But yeah, I was really laidback at the start. And then I saw all of the competition. And I was like... woah.
Killian Machine
Killian Machine

Back to top Go down

Post  Nigel Sat May 09, 2009 10:11 pm

eh i just don't want extreme profiles if they're not necessary.
Nigel
Nigel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down