IMDB's Next Top Model Cycle 4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let me tell y'all a story...

4 posters

Go down

Let me tell y'all a story... Empty Let me tell y'all a story...

Post  Breenis Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:43 pm

About how I broke myself.
As a prologue I must explain the living situation: For those who don't know, my BF is living at his employer's place out in the wilderness. The dude has a BEAUTIFUL lakeside home which has an AMAZING recording studio inside, which is where my boyfriend is working for a month. The place serves not only as a studio, but Tom is developing it into a Bed and Breakfast. It's not entirely finished yet, but thus far there's a nice little loft house with a king-size bed, a fireplace, and a foosball table. And since it's a loft, the cieling is... slanty.

Friday and Saturday in Timmins were fairly standard, except I fell down the stairs at the B&B twice because there's no railing or guard on the stairs yet. Also, I burnt my hand on a frying pan that my boyfriend neglected to tell me was on.
Sunday we went to New Liskeard for his grandparents' annual August Long Weekend Family Reunion. It was my first time attending one and meeting most of his family. His little cousins (one of whom is adopted, black, and named Tyra) would NOT LEAVE ME ALONE. Tyra was fairly sweet and calm, but the other two were annoying monsters. They took great entertainment in my purse. Unfortunately, since I was the only one who remembered sunscreen and it happened to be SPF 50, I was on "apply it to the kids" duty and used it all up before I could put any on Luke or I. Sucks? Sucks. Because I am of Irish descent; I burn so easily (hence the SPF 50).
At that point, the only way Luke and I could get our little unprotected selves away from the kids was on a paddle boat ride. We had fun, but we got stuck for a bit because the little rudder got tangled in plant life. So we were out for about an hour. When we came back, one of his neighbores decided he was going to give tubing rides. I haven't been tubing since I was a kid, so we went together. Luke fell off about five times, but since I was on the right side and the guy was mostly turning to the left, I flew off about ten times or more. I had a life-jacket on, but that didn't stop me from getting tossed around, losing my bottoms a few times, and getting completely chaffed by the water's surface. By the end of the half-hour we spent on the tube, I was so disoriented I fell down the hill going back to the cottage and got a billion cuts and scrapes on my legs.
Think Sunday's done yet? It's not.
We're driving back in Luke's dad's big-ass van... Luke and I are in the back seat half asleep and Luke's dad, who is a CRAPPY driver, isn't driving with his high-beams on. So what do we encounter? The ass-end of a big black moose.
We were all pretty much okay save for probably whiplash, but we couldn't drive the rest of the way back. Got taken into town by the po-po. How bad-ass were we? Then Luke and I still had to drive half an hour back to the B&B so his band could play a late-night show.
The next morning, I was in somewhat of a compromising position (
Spoiler:
) and I oh-so-romantically hit my head on the slanty cieling. And like a baby I actually cried. Thought it wasn't a big deal but a nice bump the size of a baby foot has formed. Went to a clinic when I got back into town... turns out I have a concussion... and whiplash!
So at this point, I am pretty much unable to turn my neck. My skin is uber-sensitive from hitting the water and the MASSIVE sunburn I was unable to avoid. Seriously, wearing pants is the worst right now. I have a huuuuge pounding headache that is so bad it looks like my computer monitor is shaking, and I'm not going to take an Advil because it already puts me to sleep, nevermind that I'm completely EXHAUSTED (and the sunburn has only added to my fatigue). I couldn't quite get up the stairs at work without stopping halfway so I had to take the elevator to go down to my car and get my lunch... down one flippin' flight!
I need to sign personal waivers before I go away for trips or something. This is just too much.
Oh, but it was still a lovely weekend. I missed that kid.
Breenis
Breenis

Back to top Go down

Let me tell y'all a story... Empty Re: Let me tell y'all a story...

Post  AudreyFTW Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:13 pm

interesting... but i feel bad for ya. Sad

omg did you get a concussion from the
Spoiler:
Surprised
AudreyFTW
AudreyFTW

Back to top Go down

Post  Breenis Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:57 pm

Thanks Audrey. You are so sweet. Really, after awhile the various injuries stopped being annoying and really just became hilarious. And painful at the same time.

And yeah, hitting my head during the spoiler activity not only gave me a concussion but was totally the most awkward moment of my life. Thank goodness it happened with Luke and not some random stranger.
Breenis
Breenis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny-boy Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:35 pm

that'll be an interesting story to tell the kids.
like when my best friend's grandmother was dating the grandfather and met his parents not realizing she had
Spoiler:
because apparently they let their forests grow wild back in the day.

but at least you're tough and can take a beating, and not die or anything. i'm happy you're okay.

also, thanks for reminding me that we can do spoiler-thingies here.
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

http://www.myspace.com/standupmotherfucker

Back to top Go down

Post  AudreyFTW Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:03 pm

Eww! I was eating when I read your story, Jonny. That is so gross! Sad
AudreyFTW
AudreyFTW

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny-boy Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:23 pm

aww, sorry Audrey. that's why i chose to hide it. next time i'll put a warning too. =]
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

http://www.myspace.com/standupmotherfucker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweet_Tyra Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:59 am

OH MA GAWWWWD

you can out spoiler tags on this forum?!?!
i totally didnt know that haha

and haha poor bree
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

https://imdbntmfour.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Breenis Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:46 am

Hee hee, Leigh, I think I TOTALLY out-awesomed your Wisdom Teeth story.
And Jonny, I'm a trooper, and "trooper" by definition means that I am going to bed now. At quarter to nine.
Breenis
Breenis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweet_Tyra Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:48 am

LOL are you serious Bree??

A coma from a tooth extraction TOTALLY beats a sore neck and a bump on the head Razz
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

https://imdbntmfour.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Breenis Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:56 am

I just mean in terms of landing in pathetic situations.
Not in terms of pain. More in terms of the "WTF?!" factor
Breenis
Breenis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down