IMDB's Next Top Model Cycle 4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JUDGING PANEL #7

+8
Jonny-boy
Jilpen
AudreyFTW
norris6489-Vic
Karasu
Breenis
Nigel
Sweet_Tyra
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

JUDGING PANEL #7 Empty JUDGING PANEL #7

Post  Sweet_Tyra Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:11 am

Hello Final Four! Welcome to your 7th Judging Panel.
For those of you who make it through today, there is only ONE more shoot left before the Final 2, making this a very important panel!

This week, we flew you to Brasov, Romania, where you drew inspiration for your vampire themed beauty shot.

Lets get straight into it, starting with JACK!

JUDGING PANEL #7 Jack11

SweetTyra: I really like this! It looks like a shot out of Vice magazine. I dont know how vampiresque it is though. The only connection I can find is that maybe you are a sunburnt vampire who stayed out in daylight for too long lol. Actually now that I think of it that way, the picture is fantastic. Its not necessarily what I was expecting, I think thats why I was a little thrown off but now that I am looking at it more I love it!! The face is just perfection, I love how demonic your eyes are and the mouth is great. Its very "indie" and grungy looking, something we havnt really seen this cycle yet. This is one of the best of the cycle, I think.
Bree: Leigh doesn't see the vampireness? I sure do! I adore this, and as the local indie chick, I'm all about the look you have going on. The pose is exaclty what we asked for - sexy, not sleazy. It's like Elyse's snake picture - "YOUR definition of sexy." Your eyes connect despite being hidden under your bangs, and you're wearing me out with the fabulousness of that claw-hand youv'e got going on. Congrats Jack - I was worried that you were handing in your shoots late and starting to slip, but being the first one to hand it in and delivering THIS caliber? You're back on top for me!
Karasu: This doesnt really say vampire to me, but i love that you look demonic. I dont like the hand though it looks contrived.
Nigel: I don't see vampire either. I see demon and I think that's awesome. I agree with Bree in that your man bangs are covering your eyes but there's still a connection. I don't really have anything negative to say about this picture. Bree's totally lustin'. It's great!
Cozy: This photo totally grows on you, I agree. On first glance i thought noooo, but upon closer inspection this is one of your best shots. It's the best marriage of acting and modeling that anyone could ask of you, and i see huge improvement from last week. I still wish you would have styled yourself more, like maybe did something gritty with your hair and smeared something under your eyes. I haven't really felt a huge sense of "MODEL" from you since your mousetrap photo, and this is the closest thing since then.
Firebolt: I think I'm probably the only judge who thinks so, but I think you're slipping in this competition, or at least the others are catching up to you. I think you deserve one more shot but your picture is my least favorite this week.

WENDY, you are next!

JUDGING PANEL #7 Wendy11-2

Cozy: Nailed it! You have been shining lately, and this photo is no exception. I love the twistyness of your limbs and the fact that you crumpled up your whole body to fit in the frame. It's dark and demented, but also sexy and strong in the face. You give good teeth, which is hard to do right. My only critique is that there is very little shadow on your body, so it all kinda blends together since there are only two colors here, with some kinky light editing this photo could look fiercer.
Nigel: Are you really naked? What the hell, woman? Anyway, I like the picture. I like the pose, the expression, and whatever. But your expression, to me at least, seems a little bit forced. While Jack's snarl looks natural, yours doesn't. Not really. Anyway, good job!
SweetTyra: This is a killer photo!! Literally!!! [/bad puns]. But seriously, this is pretty much exactly what I was looking for with this shoot. You are beautiful, sexy, dangerous, demonic. I love the contortion and the lines of the body, and I also love how you werent afraid to push the boundaries with the attire or lack thereof haha :-P Its done very tastefully. Really amazing work!
Firebolt: You just get better and better. I love how your eye meets the camera and the snarl. It looks like this could actually be used for something.
Bree: My-oh-my! You've created a lot of interesting shapes here. Your face is a lot more raw than we've ever seen it. It's amazing to look at your first week, when I thought you were just a pretty girl. This is more grimey, more fashion, than most of the pictures we've seen all cycle. I kind of agree with Nigel that your snarl is a BIT forced, but the look in the eyes is to die for!

Next is VICTOR!

JUDGING PANEL #7 Victor11

Bree: DISCLAIMER I'M DRUNK!!!! Okay, so this photo is "not bad." Actually, this is probably your best shoot today, so as much as I've kind o hated your photos to date I think I kind of really like this. This has power and a good stance and you've really utilized every part of your body. Unfortunately you have not captured any warmth or sensuality. Something about this seems cold. It's a good modeling shot, but doesn't necessarily fit the brief as much as the others.SweetTyra: I really like the concept and its great to see someone add a little bit of a story into their shot. I also love how that colour hue makes your skin radiate really eerily. I feel that there couldve been a little more power behind the eyes though, I dont really feel what you are feeling, and you have scrunched your torso making yourself look shorter. But, its still a great photo, I really like it well done!
Karasu: well you remind me of someone from alice in wonderland. This picture is a bit odd; kudos for trying something different but i don't really get it =/.
Nigel: I don't get vampire from this. I get valentine burglar or something. I agree with Drunk Bree in that this is your best picture in the competition, but it's still not good enough for this photoshoot. You're not looking at the camera, and I think the brief called for that. You don't look evil, just...there. Your pose is a bit awkward, even though it's not over posed. Yeah.
Cozy: You made some really bold and interesting choices here. I like the symbolism of your prop and the abstract kinda bizarre look in your eyes. It doesn't really fit the brief, like the others have said, but it certainly stands out as one of your best shots as a model. My only real criticism is that it is a very 2-dimensional photo. The extreme darkness of your pants and the photo editing have glossed over all apparent perspective and created a weird, flat shape. Also, if you're going to hold up a prop, make sure that your entire hand is actually visible. I wish you and Jack would absorb each other, cuz he has all the raw acting and mad posing skills and you have all the creative/styling skills.
Firebolt: I love this picture. Your eyes look so evil and creepy. Almost like a zombie (even though you're supposed to be a vampire). The stiffness of your pose totally works with the brief too because it makes you more corpse-like. I like the touch of holding the heart too. This really isn't a bad picture at all IMO but I'm not sure its enough to save you.

Lucky Last LAURA!!

JUDGING PANEL #7 Laura11-1

SweetTyra: Ok, so originally I had chosen a different picture for you, but your brother thought this was better and the other judges agreed, so I changed it. I still dont agree with them though. I do agree that it is interesting, but I think you look too manic. I do LOVE the connection in the eyes, its amazing. But, I thought the other was a lot sexier and this just looks too crazy without having an attractive fashion element to it. I feel uncomfortable when I look at it. Also, I dont like the editing, it has made your skin look blotchy rather than radiant and smooth.
Karasu: ok so i didnt like your film, this was the only one that liked. I love the intensity in the eyes,the messy hair, the hunched pose. Its not the best picture this cycle but its certainly interesting.
Bree: I'm SO glad this picture was switched at the last minute. I think this is the most UNIQUE picture. I don't know if I get a burning sensuality from you, but I get a lot of emotional layers. You're a vampire onion! Your face is exquisite at telling a story and putting me in a particular mood. Kudos for going for something different... It's not the best picture I've ever seen but it was anything but what I was expecting.
Nigel: I like the picture, but there's nothing really vampire about this. You look kinda scared/sad instead of demonic or whatever. It's not a bad picture, it's just that it doesn't really fit the brief that much. If you had frowned just a tiny bit, it woulda made it awesome. I like the look in your eyes in this, though. Next time, try to go there.
Cozy: Okay i actually didn't see the first shot so i can't say if it was better or not, but this photo is about 50/50 for me. I have some things i love about it and some i don't love. Love: Your beautifully expressive eyes, the styling, the amazing raw emotion, the shadows on your face produced by this angle. Don't love: the electric outlet hanging off your chin, the close-upness of the shot (don't know if you were trying to be less naked or what, but it definitely takes away the modelyness), and the lack of arms. You didn't have to do a huge expressive indecently exposed pose, but you could have moved your arms around.
Firebolt: I think you are my favorite in the competition. I always look forward to what you are going to turn in. I really like this picture, and I'm surprised the other judges aren't digging it as much as I am. However, it doesn't really speak vampire, more like mug victim, so thats probably why. Still a gripping picture though.

THE JUDGES WILL NOW DELIBERATE.
ONLY THREE WILL CONTINUE!
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

https://imdbntmfour.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

JUDGING PANEL #7 Empty Re: JUDGING PANEL #7

Post  Nigel Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:13 am

panel! aaaaaahhh
Nigel
Nigel

Back to top Go down

Post  Breenis Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:14 am

MOTHAFUCKA!
Breenis
Breenis

Back to top Go down

Post  Nigel Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:16 am

bunch of half naked people on my computer screen!
this is me deliberating
Nigel
Nigel

Back to top Go down

Post  Karasu Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:21 am

just to let everyone know; laura is not naked. it just looks that way Laughing
Karasu
Karasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Breenis Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:21 am

Well way to ruin it for me Alex.
Breenis
Breenis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweet_Tyra Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:27 am

Welcome back, models!!

It has been a long road to this point. You have all developed so much and all of you have produced some fantastic pictures that I am proud to add to the INTM portfolio!

However, there are only 3 spots in the Final 3!
There are four of you before me, but I only have 3 photos in my hands.
If i do not call your name, you must got back to your hotel room, pack up your things and leave immediately.

The first photo was almost unanimously voted best picture of the week, and it is one of my favourites so far....

WENDY!!! Congratulations! You are in the final 3!
Joining Wendy is.......

JACK!!! Every single week in the Top 3! Great photo this week, congrats!!

Will Laura and Victor please step forward.
Both of you have come a long way in this competition. Both of you have had your ups and you downs. It no longer comes down to who has a BAD picture, because none of the pictures this week were terrible. It is beginning to come down to perfection- one little error in judgement or a picture taken at the wrong angle can send you packing.

Victor, this week, your downfall was your connection
Laura, your downfall was expression of the brief.

Those little mistakes are going to send somebody home.
I only have one photo in my hands and that last person in the Final 3 is.....

LAURA!
Congrats!

Victor, it was such a pleasure and you brought so much to this competition. I am very sad to see you go, and I hope you stick around!!!

CONGRATS FINAL THREE!!!

WENDY
JACK
LAURA

Final Brief posted sooooooon!
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

https://imdbntmfour.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Breenis Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:29 am

Basketball This is the closest thing to a wave, Victor.
Congrats on at least delivering a great "last picture."
Breenis
Breenis

Back to top Go down

Post  norris6489-Vic Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:45 am

Hey guysss.

This shoot was amazing. I NEVER put makeup on so... that was fun... and strange. haha. But I really enjoyed this comp. Leigh and all the judges... you guys are cool, and VERY unique people. lol. Good luck F3. Smile
norris6489-Vic
norris6489-Vic

Back to top Go down

Post  AudreyFTW Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:51 am

Congrats to the final 3, Jack, Laura, & Wendy! Smile
AudreyFTW
AudreyFTW

Back to top Go down

Post  Jilpen Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:17 am

Victor, you were eliminated on your best picture...HAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!! Ok, but so was Audrey. So we're even. Smile
Jilpen
Jilpen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jilpen Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:25 am

Victor stop pretending like you grateful and stuff you know you'll be crying yourself to sleep on your cock-shaped pillow. And you don't like the judges, you think Bree's rude. MMMHMMM. Smile Don't front. Say what you mean and meann what you say.
Jilpen
Jilpen

Back to top Go down

Post  norris6489-Vic Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:40 am

Umm... well... ok. lmao.

I THOUGHT Bree was kind of bitchy in the beginning, but not anymore. She seems cool. Everybody else has remained the same with me. I always say what I mean. Believe me.
norris6489-Vic
norris6489-Vic

Back to top Go down

Post  Breenis Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:42 am

Well Victor it would have been nice of you to say that.
Breenis
Breenis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jilpen Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:42 am

Then say you mad, bitch. Bitch, you better be mad. Hooker.
Jilpen
Jilpen

Back to top Go down

Post  Breenis Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:43 am

NOW SMILE ABOUT THAT, YOU FAT BITCH!
Breenis
Breenis

Back to top Go down

Post  AudreyFTW Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:43 am

Happy Birthday, Jilipen! Smile
AudreyFTW
AudreyFTW

Back to top Go down

Post  norris6489-Vic Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:44 am

To say what? That I thought you were bitchy? Why is it necessary to say that?? lol.
norris6489-Vic
norris6489-Vic

Back to top Go down

Post  Nigel Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:45 am

bree, you bitchy but it's all good cause so am i.
that's why we should win an award for like, fun bitchy judges.
Nigel
Nigel

Back to top Go down

Post  Breenis Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:47 am

Audrey... I love you.

And Victor, in case you didn't notice, Jilpen and I are close, so you had to have known she'd send me the PM of you saying I was "rude to you every chance I get." Which made me feel very pissed off because I thought I was very constructive with you and you simply had to retaliate to everything I said when [most of] what I said had a point. And then you pretty much ignored everything I said, on-or-off-topic. Considering you PM jilpen all the time, it would have made sense for you to be like, "O, Bree's not an ass-hair now."

EDIT: It kind of feels like maybe you thought I was "rude" when I didn't like your pictures, and now that I liked your last one you maybe think I'm not as rude? Eh, that's probably not the case, but I'll tell myself that for dramaz sake. Either way, don't read too much into it. You have no idea how wasted I was.
Breenis
Breenis

Back to top Go down

Post  norris6489-Vic Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:53 am

I do NOT PM jilpen all the time. haha. We had like one PM session like a month ago. lol.

And I've told numerous people, NOT just Jilpen that you seemed to have been bitchy towards me, and they agreed. Now... obviously you thought you were coming off constructive, but it was being interpreted as mean. Calling me "desperate" or whatever is downright mean in my book. However, when you said something to me, I did actually sit down and read everything you had to say. I never ignored what you said. Somethings came across constructive, and other things did not. And as I was just saying, I recently began to notice your constructive side, so that's why I said I didn't think you were being bitchy towards me anymore.
norris6489-Vic
norris6489-Vic

Back to top Go down

Post  Breenis Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:58 am

Well honestly, I'm sorry if calling you desperate offended you, or rather, if you perceived it as offensive, but I really don't think it was rude or anything. I mean, you could even quote the damn thing where I said it: A SENSE OF DESPERATION IN [your] PICTURES. And I'm not the only judge who thinks so. Hell, you agreed with me before I even said it - that when you're posing, you're thinking more about winning than capturing a mood. That was where the "desperation" thing came from. So it was simply the WORD that offended you. Which I'm not going to apologize for. I think you worked on it a bit; it was still there but not as bad. And that whole tangent I wrote (about you being the only one not in it for someone else) I thought had a lot of useful shit to say. But it feels like you take a few words I say and that's all you can focus on; it's a very "the world against me" mentality. I used to be like that, mind you I was a lot younger, like, beginning of high school. Whatever, I hope you learn from it eventually, but hey, who actually learns something from an online message board anyway?
Breenis
Breenis

Back to top Go down

Post  AudreyFTW Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:07 am

Breenis wrote:Audrey... I love you.

And Victor, in case you didn't notice, Jilpen and I are close, so you had to have known she'd send me the PM of you saying I was "rude to you every chance I get." Which made me feel very pissed off because I thought I was very constructive with you and you simply had to retaliate to everything I said when [most of] what I said had a point. And then you pretty much ignored everything I said, on-or-off-topic. Considering you PM jilpen all the time, it would have made sense for you to be like, "O, Bree's not an ass-hair now."

EDIT: It kind of feels like maybe you thought I was "rude" when I didn't like your pictures, and now that I liked your last one you maybe think I'm not as rude? Eh, that's probably not the case, but I'll tell myself that for dramaz sake. Either way, don't read too much into it. You have no idea how wasted I was.
Love you too, hun! Smile
AudreyFTW
AudreyFTW

Back to top Go down

Post  Jilpen Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:08 am

Victor, are you a top or a bottom?
Jilpen
Jilpen

Back to top Go down

Post  Breenis Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:08 am

Keep taking pictures and posting 'em Audrey... they're so cute and now you don't have to worry about a brief.
Breenis
Breenis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum