IMDB's Next Top Model Cycle 4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have to say that i am extremely dissapointed with most of cycle 4

+8
awkward_silences
Sweet_Tyra
Lifey66
VeganChris
Emma
norris6489-Vic
Nigel
Karasu
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I have to say that i am extremely dissapointed with most of cycle 4 Empty I have to say that i am extremely dissapointed with most of cycle 4

Post  Karasu Wed May 20, 2009 9:10 am

I expected the all of you would actually put effort into this shoot and that it wouldent end up like last cycle where 3 people didnt send anything in. I was totally wrong; only about 4 of you did the right thing, while the rest either put little effort or no effort at all. I know that you see this as a game, but the judges take out their time to make this happen and its really annoying when someone sends in a half-assed picture and expects to get a reasonable critique. Its also annoying when someone doesnt even model and expects to get critiqued on their looks.

Most people this week just sent in pictures that they found on their computer or took a picture with a damn webcam. NONE of them had anything to do with the brief and they were all pictures that i could find on myspace. Why join a modelling competition if you are going to send in crappy pictures like that? Why waste everyones time by signing up only to quit or not put effort into it. and i dont want to hear the excuse of not having enough time; i took all my pictures BY MYSELF with a self timer and it only took half an hour ( plus i had midterms and other tests). Bree was also a college student and she took amazing pictures. So yes it is possible.

I was really looking foward to having a normal first judging panel, but instead i see a bunch of crappy myspace pictures and an obvious eliminee. I dont mean to get all dramatic,but the judges and especially lesus put alot of their time into this and its not fair to pull crap like this.

I do thank the people that took this seriously and sent in good pictures because it shows that you actually care. To the other people i really hope that you dont do this again next week.

I dont even feel like judging the other pictures because of how horrible they are. This isnt called "look throught your myspace and find hte best pictures of you" competition.
Karasu
Karasu

Back to top Go down

I have to say that i am extremely dissapointed with most of cycle 4 Empty Re: I have to say that i am extremely dissapointed with most of cycle 4

Post  Nigel Wed May 20, 2009 9:22 am

I WAS ROOTING FOR YOU! WE WERE ALL ROOTING FOR YOU!
Nigel
Nigel

Back to top Go down

I have to say that i am extremely dissapointed with most of cycle 4 Empty Re: I have to say that i am extremely dissapointed with most of cycle 4

Post  Karasu Wed May 20, 2009 9:27 am

Also dont ask who i'm talking about

If you followed the brief then im not talking about you
Karasu
Karasu

Back to top Go down

Post  norris6489-Vic Wed May 20, 2009 9:32 am

Karasu wrote:Also dont ask who i'm talking about

If you followed the brief then im not talking about you

hahaha. Laughing i was soooo gonna ask who u were talking about just 2 be a jerk. jk. Very Happy this SUCKSS!! i really wanted a competition. i can pretty much guess who didnt even try... i took my picks by myself, with a timer, AND without a camera stand. maybe they didnt come out perfect... but i at least attempted 2 compete...
norris6489-Vic
norris6489-Vic

Back to top Go down

Post  Karasu Wed May 20, 2009 9:36 am

lol i used to hang my camera from a wall and use self timer

and the people that attempted to follow the brief, i wasnt that harsh
Karasu
Karasu

Back to top Go down

Post  norris6489-Vic Wed May 20, 2009 9:41 am

Karasu wrote:and the people that attempted to follow the brief, i wasnt that harsh

[translation]

"You guys tried... but u still sucked." (rip, rip, rip) "here is ur new asshole"

hahaha.
norris6489-Vic
norris6489-Vic

Back to top Go down

Post  Emma Wed May 20, 2009 2:48 pm

Wow that was pretty harsh...Im not sure about the other contestants efforts but i was a bit hurt by that,

"...but the judges take out their time to make this happen and its really annoying when someone sends in a half-assed picture."

I can't speak for everyone else..but that last shoot took a lot of time, firstly organising everything with the stylists, makeup artist and photographer and then the shoot itself took the entire day (poss not evident through those particular 12 images)

Also the salon who i worked with loved the images from the shoot that they paid me and are using the images for an upcoming national comp so yeah was a bit hurt also that you though everyone images looked like they came from myspace cos I thought mine were okay.

Anyway sorry that was my little rant xx
Emma
Emma

Back to top Go down

Post  Karasu Wed May 20, 2009 6:45 pm

Emma i didnt say everyone, you and some others did really good actually.

There were like 4 people (you can guess who) that sent in myspace pictures. There were also other people who only sent in one picture. plus 3 people didnt send in anything at all

and vic that came out completely wrong lol. the people who followed the brief did good.
Karasu
Karasu

Back to top Go down

Post  VeganChris Wed May 20, 2009 11:38 pm

I'm such an epic fail, that even though I truly tried with my pics, they were probably perceived as being myspace pics.
lol! lol!
VeganChris
VeganChris

Back to top Go down

Post  norris6489-Vic Thu May 21, 2009 12:04 am

VeganChris wrote:I'm such an epic fail, that even though I truly tried with my pics, they were probably perceived as being myspace pics.
lol! lol!

haha. thats totally how i feel too! lol.

and Karasu, i totally understood what u meant. i just was being retarded. Razz

I totally predicted this. I knew there were gonna be like half who would take this seriously... then others who would do it halfheartedly. I mean... its supposed 2 be fun so dont take it so serious that u slit ur wrist... but remember... Its supposed 2 be a competition. At least try. but whatev...
norris6489-Vic
norris6489-Vic

Back to top Go down

Post  Karasu Thu May 21, 2009 12:14 am

well i asked my sister to join and she said she will, im just waiting for lesus to let me know. and she will take it seriously lol so thats more competition.

and chris yours werent myspacey. the main people im talking about will be clear once panel comes out
Karasu
Karasu

Back to top Go down

Post  VeganChris Thu May 21, 2009 12:28 am

Karasu wrote: and chris yours werent myspacey. the main people im talking about will be clear once panel comes out
haha thanks, that is such a relief!
but with all of this negative talk with panel, I'm actually kind of excited to see these hot mess pictures.... not saying that mine are amazing, though...
VeganChris
VeganChris

Back to top Go down

Post  Lifey66 Thu May 21, 2009 4:45 am

This really IS sad because I know I worked really hard to come up with something original, locations, TIME (it took a LONG while to both SHOOT pictures i remotely liked, and then also to CHOOSE a total of 12 pictures that were satisfying, all during AP testing weeks), make up, clothing etc. And I did it all because I love ANTM, and the idea of being given the chance to try out what I've hopefully learned from that. Then to have people not take it seriously...i agree with you, its like, why bother signing up????? I shall bring the fierce!

THIS COMPETITION BETTER GET FIERCE!
Lifey66
Lifey66

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweet_Tyra Thu May 21, 2009 5:21 am

Oh, Emma, you are so dramatic Razz

Butyeah guys I kinda gree with Karasu.

I think all us judges were so excited to see everything and we had our expectations very high and there were a few people who didnt really live up to it.

But thats ok, I understand it IS the first week and it might take a little time for eveyone to understand the competition and get into the flow.

I know that everyone will just get better and better so dont let it dishearten you, use what Karasu has said to improve!!!
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

https://imdbntmfour.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  awkward_silences Thu May 21, 2009 5:38 am

So, when do you think Panel Part 1 will be posted? I'm excited to see everyone's pictures. lol
awkward_silences
awkward_silences

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweet_Tyra Thu May 21, 2009 6:09 am

Tomorrow or the next day, I have so much to do over the next week its insane!!!

And not having net whenever I want is a massive pain in my arse as well. But Im getting it at my new pace next thurs so woot!
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

https://imdbntmfour.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  wendy. Thu May 21, 2009 6:58 am

Karasu wrote:I expected the all of you would actually put effort into this shoot and that it wouldent end up like last cycle where 3 people didnt send anything in. I was totally wrong; only about 4 of you did the right thing, while the rest either put little effort or no effort at all. I know that you see this as a game, but the judges take out their time to make this happen and its really annoying when someone sends in a half-assed picture and expects to get a reasonable critique. Its also annoying when someone doesnt even model and expects to get critiqued on their looks.

Most people this week just sent in pictures that they found on their computer or took a picture with a damn webcam. NONE of them had anything to do with the brief and they were all pictures that i could find on myspace. Why join a modelling competition if you are going to send in crappy pictures like that? Why waste everyones time by signing up only to quit or not put effort into it. and i dont want to hear the excuse of not having enough time; i took all my pictures BY MYSELF with a self timer and it only took half an hour ( plus i had midterms and other tests). Bree was also a college student and she took amazing pictures. So yes it is possible.

I was really looking foward to having a normal first judging panel, but instead i see a bunch of crappy myspace pictures and an obvious eliminee. I dont mean to get all dramatic,but the judges and especially lesus put alot of their time into this and its not fair to pull crap like this.

I do thank the people that took this seriously and sent in good pictures because it shows that you actually care. To the other people i really hope that you dont do this again next week.

I dont even feel like judging the other pictures because of how horrible they are. This isnt called "look throught your myspace and find hte best pictures of you" competition.

Karasu,

It's ok, ok?
wendy.
wendy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Karasu Thu May 21, 2009 8:33 am

ugh now i feel like a psycho lol

it was like 2 am and i was just really mad, sorry guys Sad
Karasu
Karasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Breenis Thu May 21, 2009 8:38 am

I'm with Karasu.
I would have rather seen this cycle just not happen at all then round up a bunch of people, half of whom are interested, half of whom aren't, and then let the "interested" half down when the "uninterested" half doesn't take it seriously at all.
This isn't a do-or-die thing, guys. We're not asking you to live and breathe this competition.
But we are asking you to actually DO something. I don't get why some of you signed up if you weren't going to really DO anything. I mean, didn't you do the research of past cycles? Didn't you see what went down? Did you not realize it would be work, and that it would last a few good weeks?
Look at contestants of the past like Karasu, Joey, Cozy, Lucy, Chantal... they really committed. That's why their pictures were so finger-waving fierce.
Also, I know this is weird and you couldn't have possibly known, but one of the contestants (and if you read this you'll know who you are) submitted a photo with something I'm EXTREMELY afraid of in it, and because I got no warning, I burst into tears when I saw it and freaked the Hell out. Please, if you EVER submit a picture with that thing in it again, WARN me. I can't even look at it, it scaares me so much.
Breenis
Breenis

Back to top Go down

Post  Lifey66 Thu May 21, 2009 8:42 am

Breenis wrote:I'm with Karasu.
I would have rather seen this cycle just not happen at all then round up a bunch of people, half of whom are interested, half of whom aren't, and then let the "interested" half down when the "uninterested" half doesn't take it seriously at all.
This isn't a do-or-die thing, guys. We're not asking you to live and breathe this competition.

While i totally agree with what you and Karasu have said, if what the picture qualities are what you say (and i trust you!), i DO find it a tad ...disheartening to say you'd rather not see the cycle at all. what about those of us who really ARE having fun with this, and getting into it? its discouraging to think that right off the bat you are all judging ALL of us as the failure cycle. Sad especially considering that the uninterested kids probably aren't bothering to read this anyway.
Lifey66
Lifey66

Back to top Go down

Post  Breenis Thu May 21, 2009 8:45 am

Ann, I will say this, and while I don't want to be obvious, I think it's safe to say: if you felt like you put in an effort, then you probably know that you're not one of the folkies we're tiffed at.
I just don't consider it very fair to the people who did really try hard. And it's not just in picture quality alone, it's the fact that these people didn't even take NEW pictures. One person had two different haircolours in both shots and one was obviously taken in winter. I think it sucks because certain people may have gotten their hopes up for a really awesome competition. I know myself, Karasy, and Nigel are all feeling a bit low now, because we're left wondering about what the rest of the cycle is giong to be like.
Breenis
Breenis

Back to top Go down

Post  Lifey66 Thu May 21, 2009 8:47 am

at least you'll be able to quickly cut the idiots, and then continue with the awesome, fierce competition that you dreamed for.
Lifey66
Lifey66

Back to top Go down

Post  Karasu Thu May 21, 2009 8:47 am

Ann i really dont want you to think that, and it sucks that they had to ruin it for you guys. Like the cycle can still go on, it will just be kinda short unless they take it seriously.

I asked my sister to join and she will, so thats one more competitor lol

i really hope that the people i talked about learn from this and take it seriously, or maybe like 3 new people can sign up and replace them. I really dont want this cycle to end up like cycle 3 with people quitting every week.
Karasu
Karasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Lifey66 Thu May 21, 2009 8:49 am

Yeah, i imagine that WOULD suck to just have a cycle of drop outs.
It reminds me of the game 'This or That'

People who don't try or People who drop out.

rock and a hard place.

...i'm done with similes now.
Lifey66
Lifey66

Back to top Go down

Post  Nigel Thu May 21, 2009 8:50 am

i'm feng shui-ning my bedroom right now Very Happy
Nigel
Nigel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next