IMDB's Next Top Model Cycle 4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JUDGING PANEL #4!!!!!!

+9
Joey-GaGa
Firebolt
VeganChris
Breenis
Jilpen
Karasu
bfoster
Jonny-boy
Sweet_Tyra
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

JUDGING PANEL #4!!!!!! Empty JUDGING PANEL #4!!!!!!

Post  Sweet_Tyra Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:53 pm

Finally we are ready to post panel!!!
Voicing his opinion for the first time is our judge Firebolt!! Welcome back!!!!
This week, you were casting for SweetTyraPop's new range of fruity summer flavours!!
The winner of this week's shoot will be the new face of SweetTyraPop!!!

Lets get to the judging!
First up is...

WENDY!!!

JUDGING PANEL #4!!!!!! Wendysuperfruit047

Nigel:I don't like the hand on your knee. Makes it all look stiff. Anyway, I like that this looks like a poster for, like, Hawaii or whatever. Te ves asi, super natural y bonita y nada mas duraste cinco minutos en arreglarte. Asi bien super chola. Asi como, ya vete a trabajar en la Adams, ya perdiste tu super knife. I don't like that you're wearing your chola hoops. Don't look right
Karasu: Amazing, one of my favorites in INTM history. I dont even have anything bad to say about this.
Firebolt: I think you might be emerging as the front runner. I really like this picture. It could definitely be used as an ad if the lighting on your face was better. The pose is very sexy, the location is appropriate, and you're selling the product.
Cozy: This is a strong photo, and everything you're wearing and the setting work beautifully. Your face is slightly out of focus, but I LOVE the angle you pulled with your legs towards the camera. I wish you would have arched slightly back and created some negative space between your legs and your arm, because the shape is a little too scrunched. Nice natural smile, I love your interaction with the fruit as an object on display as well as something you're actually eating. Well done!
Bree: Cheeky, cheeky! Loves it! I feel like you really thought about it - even your outfit looks fruity! Your body language is the best in the lot - you don't have the perfect body (no one does) but it LOOKS completely perfect in this shot - long, lean, and sexy!! You've risen in the ranks in my opinion - I'd call this one of the best pictures in INTM history. If you're not in the top three, I will stab Nigel. With left-handed scissors.
SweetTyra: I think this is absolutely gorgeous! You have managed to make it cute and sexy at rhe same time, which is a hard thing to do, either thing isnt too overbearing. Its composed very well, great friendly connection with the eyes, great colours, relaxed, natural and follows the brief COMPLETELY. Great shot, well done, I would use this for SweetTyraPop.

VICTOR:

JUDGING PANEL #4!!!!!! Victor6

Firebolt: I don't have a whole lot to say about this picture. This is just average for me. I mean I can't really find anything to complain about and I can't really praise you for anything either. I do kind of like the location/scenery though. And is this a subliminal ad for livestrong bands also? haha
Nigel: This still seems a little forced for me. It's not the body language, you improved greatly on that. It's the smile. It happened with the circus shot, too. It's a bit too "look at me I'm smiling and being commercial!" Next week, I want to see you completely natural. No posing at all. Unless of course the brief requires posing, but I doubt that. You improved on your body, now the expressions.
Karasu: I have to agree with Nigel on this one. The smile seems forced to me and i really don't like the way you are biting into the fruit. I don't see a smile i just see someone eating a fruit. I know you can do way better than this.
Cozy: I'm going to have to agree 100% with Nigel on this one and say that I don't believe it. You have what it takes to model great pictures: the looks, the body, creativity, and a good connection with your eyes. If we could only get you to stop pretending. I know it sounds really vague and pretentious, but I don't know how else to explain it. It's like you're trying too hard to be sexy and modelesque, and you don't want to let that go. But it won't look like real modeling until you do. That being said, there's very little that is intrinsically wrong with this photo, it fits the brief and you're selling the fruit well with your hands. The teeth look less smiley and too snarly though.
SweetTyra: Man, I am sick of all the Victor hate from the judges!!! The judges have criticised you in the past for not being natural enough and this was the shoot you really needed to prove that you could be and you know what, I think you NAILED it! Youve given this cute, happy, kinda sexy look that totally draws me into the photo and makes me wanna eat a rockmelon haha. The way that you are biting into the fruit, yet still smiling is very impressive, I dunno what the other judges are on. Perfect shot, I would definately use this for SweetTyraPop!
Bree: HALLELUJAH!! Your expression is alluring, your body language is model-tense yet natural. I feel like you have a lot of charm in this picture, you connect to the fruit, and you're really capturing the mood. BRAVO! for your improvement and listening to criticism... now... don't get complacent... you're not all the way there just yet. I have a few nitpicky criticisms. Your eyes read a bit too... sexual and provacative. So it makes you look a little aggressive. And your hunched back, that's something that only looks good on Marjorie. Plus your feet are off the ground which seems weird, like you're... A LITTLE TENSE! Hah hah! Seriously, I think you need major points for improvement, but you still need to shake that over-posiness out of you.

AUDREY:

JUDGING PANEL #4!!!!!! Audrey6

Karasu: YES!! finally! I love your expression and the way you are holding your product. This is very commercial, one of the best this week. My only criticism is that i cant tell what you are holding, at first i thought it was a kiwi but i have no clue.
Firebolt: You've improved ten-fold this week! I still don't think its the best in the bunch, but still a major improvement. But are you even holding fruit? What fruit is white with green spots?
SweetTyra: I really like this shot, its cute. You dont have a piece of fruit though, as far as I can tell, you had a bottle in your shots, which isnt what was asked of you. Despite that, it is a very natural, marketable picture and I think it would really connect to people. We know you can do this cute commercial look though, it wouldve been good to see you edge it up a bit! But it is a good shot, I would use it for SweetTyraPop!
Nigel: You're getting better! I knew you were gonna do well in this photoshoot cause this seems like something that would be easy for you, being bubbly and all. Yeah, pretty much my only negative is that you're not really using fruit when lesus said that's what he wanted. Next time stick to the brief, and keep improving!
Bree: You're coming across as a true model this week. Could you not find a fruit? It looks like... a cell phone or something. BUT, the weird thing is, I don't even know what it is, but yu're selling it. I didn't expect you to be good at selling a product because thus far we haven't even seen you sell YOURSELF, but this is a huge step forward. Next week, can you try to make your pics bigger?
Cozy: This is a HUGE improvement for you! Now that I can actually critique your photos, I think you do have something the other contestants lack, and that is HONESTY. This is the only shot so far that I really see as an ad, the way it is right now. In this shot I see realness in your eyes; you WORK as a commercial model because you have an open confidence with the lens that makes your emotion believable. I wish this was a full body shot with some fabulous posing. What you need to realize is that you CAN do this and catch up to the others, because they have a creative head start.

XANDER:

JUDGING PANEL #4!!!!!! Xander6

Cozy: While I do feel that you were going for the edgy side of the brief, this is still a little too amateur for me. I couldn't realistically see this in an advertisement; it's too simple and stiff. That watermelon is modeling more than you, and I'm afraid your usual intense eyes are a bit lackluster this week. If you're covering up part of the face in a shot, the rest of the face has to SCREAM.
Nigel: Were you going for a joker look? Is that what you were trying to do with the watermelon? ...eh, it's not a very good picture. You're covering your face with the fruit instead of using it like we asked you to use it. You're not even smiling with your eyes! That could have made this picture so much better. Trust me, I'm an expert at smiling with my eyes
Firebolt: Not crazy about this. Using the watermelon as a smile was creative, but your body and your face aren't doing a thing for me. This is literally just a picture of you standing in a field holding a watermelon up to your face.
Karasu: First the positive; you picked a great location, and you went for a more artitistic approach. Now the negative, it looks like you are just standing there holding up a watermelon. If you had some emotion in your face this picture would've been a whole lot better.
Bree: What's happened to you? You went downhill faster than your boy-candy last cycle. You're literally just standing there; I get they you were trying to go for artsy with the melon-smile, but there's no passion, and not much effort. The environment is beautiful but you drag it down a bit. Give us passion, quick!
SweetTyra: Oh, dear. Im sorry, but you are slipping dramatically. For the second week in a row, Ive found your shots to be quite boring and uninspiring. There was nothing really interesting about them, no extra edge. There was no joy in your eyes and youve relied on the light for the summer vibe and havnt matched your persona with your location and surroundings. You look bored. I just dont think you are really into this at all. I would not use this shot for SweetTyraPop.

LAURA:

JUDGING PANEL #4!!!!!! Laura6-1

Karasu: While your smile/pose are spot on i still dont believe it. The way you are holding the fruit just seems unatural to me. I'm glad you look way more confident now. Just next time think like a model.
Bree: I see a very confident girl with a commercial-ready smile who looksl ike she'd be a wonderful addition to a picnic. Do I see a model? Well, not entirely, but to be fair, I'm not quite sure what's missing myself. Perhaps it's a lack of exotic location, or maybe it's that there's no connection with the fruit. The pose is nice and inviting, but there's a certain sophistication missing that stops it just short of being an ad. Still, this is the most beautiful I've seen you yet - your smile makes ME smile.
Nigel: I agree with the other judges in saying that while this is a gorgeous picture, there's something a bit off about it. It looks a bit like "oh I'm just chilling here, looking at nature, oh look there's a photographer, take my picture". I don't know. I would also like to see more of the fruit!
SweetTyra: Beautiful smile, its very relatable. My criticism is that, just like Week 1 in your Couture shot, you seem to be quite detatched from your prop. It doesnt feel like a part of you, its just, "Hey look at me im holding a strawberry and smiling Very Happy", it seems very wooden. Summery- yes, Bright and happy- yes. But convincing? Not really. I probably wouldnt use it for SweetTyraPop.
Cozy: Your face is relaxed, beautiful, with just the right amount of tension in the mouth. However there is so much texture/color going on in the background and in your outfit that the focus is easily taken away from that small fruit. It does include that tropical, sunshiney, flowey feel that Tyra asked for, however, and i gotta give you props for continuing to remain faithful to the brief, week after week. Gorgeous!
Firebolt: unlike some of the other judges, I actually think this is one of the better pictures this week. Your smile and your eyes are friendly and relatable. Its very inviting and its making me want to go sit with you and eat strawberries with you. So you're really selling me the product.

MORE TO COME!
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

https://imdbntmfour.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

JUDGING PANEL #4!!!!!! Empty Re: JUDGING PANEL #4!!!!!!

Post  Sweet_Tyra Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:02 pm

JACK IS NEXT!!!

JUDGING PANEL #4!!!!!! Jack6

SweetTyra: I really like the summer vibe here, its bright, joyous and believable. I like that you have captured a moment, it seems very natural and fluid and in no way staged or posed. I think that it isnt composed very well though, it should have been shot more from the left, the long thick branches in the foreground are distracting. You always have to remember that whatever is closer to the camera appears larger, and here your hand appears larger than your head, so the shot wouldve worked much better if taken from an angle more from the left, where those big branches you are leaning on were to the right a little. I would probably use this for SweetTyraPop if it were composed a little better, coz the energy and the face is great.
Karasu: Another great shot! If the camera were in to the left a little bit, this picture wouldve been perfect. I can definately see this as an ad.
Nigel: I like the picture. It's fun. But yeah, I agree with the other judges about the composition. Still, it really is a great picture. I don't know, kinda reminds me of like a re imagined Tom Sawyer. I would have liked to see more of your legs and less of the big empty space behind you, and your eyes opened just a bit, even though it would have taken away from the realness factor and whatnot.
Bree: What I love about you is that every week you look like a different person. I agree with Leigh that the composition is your biggest fault, but I think your commmitment to it is highly commendable. The energy and the costume is very radiating without being distracting or cheesy. But because you're not looking at the camera, I get the feeling like this is a still from a commercial instead of an ad. Still better than the rest of the clowns!
Cozy: Wonderful natural happiness here! It really makes me wonder what you're looking at off the the frame. It looks good with the tropical theme and the sunshine hitting your face is perfect. However the pose itself is too casual and makes this shot too commercial without the edge. But this is another great week for you!
Firebolt: I really like this picture. I think it looks like an ad. The energy in your face really radiates and sells the product. My only criticism is the location. All the branches are kind of distracting, but you still shine and thats so important.

CHRIS:

JUDGING PANEL #4!!!!!! Chris6

Karasu: I really am dissapointed with you this week, if you werent able to do the photoshoot you shouldve told us on the due date,not two weeks later. And you also could've done this webcam pic last week. Anyway your smile is forced and everything just looks myspace.
Bree: This is the ultimate definition of working with what you got. I'm proud of you because it shows that you want this. Now, to judge it fairly, I'm glad that you look like you tried quite hard, but something in your smile is reading unnatural. I think it's because you're clenching your teeth a bit. A smile looks more natural and happy if you open your teeth slightly. The way you're presenting the fruit is good though. Work on your smile though - you're a good-looking guy so there should be no reason you can't pull of a commercial look.
Cozy: I'm really glad you actually submitted a photo, even though your photoshop skills are right up there with Mr. Brightside. I agree with Bree in that there's something off about the smile, and I think it's because your lips are too tense, so it's more like a snarl. I wouldn't use this for an ad, and as you know you can do better. If you stay in this week, you better be fierce no matter WHAT!
Firebolt: Well I'm glad you at least submitted something! And truth be told I don't think its that bad. I definitely agree with the other judges that the smile isn't working. In fact its kind of making me think you poisoned the apple...
SweetTyra: Haha yeh, I think you look quite psychotic actually. You know this isnt great. I do have to say though that I really appreciate you taking the time to do it. I know when something is already late, the pressure to get it done just builds and builds and you can let it get to you too much and just give up. Im so glad you didnt give up. I dont think it needs to be said that I wouldnt use this for SweetTyraPop unless I wanted to promote it as a poison Razz

THE JUDGES WILL NOW DELIBERATE!!!
WHEN YOU RETURN WE WILL HAVE OUR FIRST REAL ELIMINATION WOOOOOOO!!!
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweet_Tyra Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:19 pm

WELCOME BACK FINAL 7!!!

I am very excited about this Panel. So far, Cycle 4 has been frustrating, to say the least. This will be our very first normal elimination, so ANYONE could be going!!! This is a fresh start for cycle 4 and I hope everyone continues to stick with it!!!

Lets get down to business. There are 7 of you standing before me, but I only have 6 pictures in my hands. If I do not call your name, you must make your way back to the house, pack up your things and leave immediately.

The first name I am going to call and the new face of SweetTyraPop is.....

WENDY!!!! Congrats! 2 week running at number 1! Keep it up!!!

JACK!!! You got penalthy points for lateness and were still able to stay top of the pack! Congrats!!!

AUDREY!!!! Well, its about time you saw a callout this high!!! You really impressed us this week! What we wanna see now is more edge and more FIEEEEEERCEE!!! Well done Very Happy

LAURA!!! We see that confidence is here to stay in the face!!! Now you must work on making your shots more natural! Well done!!!

VICTOR!!! I am so disappointed to be calling your name so low because your shot was MY favouriote of the week. The other judges have made a poor, poor decision. It seems that you are struggling to connect with them. Find a way to do that and I know you can be on top.

Will Xander and Chris please step forward.

Xander, every week your shoots seem to be getting more boring and less inspiring. We question whether you have the determination and passion to continue in this competition. We feel that you really need a good kick up the butt to get yourself re-motivated for this and rediscover your self esteem.

Chris, we are also questioning your determination. You let issues this week almost force you out of the competition. It isnt just about great pictures any more, but about who will push themselves and prove that they are determined to make it to the top.

I only have one photo in my hands and it belongs to.....

CHRIS!!!! Congratulations, you are still in the running towards becoming IMDBs Next Top Model. We know you have what it takes and we dont want to see anything discourage you so much again.

Xander, I am sorry.
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny-boy Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:26 pm

1.Wendy - great pose, great face, great fruit. she's the only one who really nailed it and made it look commercial, friendly and like an ad.

2.Jack - the pose and attitude were great, but i don't like the camera position.

3.Laura - it looks like you were about to eat a strawberry and someone came up with a camera and said "SMILE!" and you did. it's almost right though.

4.Victor - it just looks kinda awkward. are you eating the cantaloupe or your knee? it's a good angle though, but i don't like it looking like you're trying to smile mid-bite. do one or the other.

5.Audrey - well, the picture is too small. what fruit are you eating??? i just don't know. it's not good, it's not bad.

6.Xander - yeah, definitely his worst to date. i saw a lot of the judges complaining that the fruit is hiding your face, but i think it's kind of unique(because i told you to do it).

7.Chris - wow. this is bad. we had to wait sooo long for panel... for this? seriously? there's just nothing to say. first of all, i think it's against the rules to copy/paste yourself onto a different background. it's just no good.

but oh well, what do i know? =p
at least we have the same place!
w00t 7th
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

http://www.myspace.com/standupmotherfucker

Back to top Go down

Post  bfoster Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:30 pm

I think it was a right choice. This shoot was interesting enough, but what was the point again? Where they selling being commercial or and essence?
bfoster
bfoster

Back to top Go down

Post  Karasu Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:23 pm

No

And yeah audrey can you finally tell us what you were holding lol
Karasu
Karasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Jilpen Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:01 pm

Now, Now Lesus....did the OTHER judges make a mistake about Victor? Cool Also, Audrey you are kiking ass...kick more ass or I will kick your ass...this threatening seems to be working... I love you
Jilpen
Jilpen

Back to top Go down

Post  Breenis Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:26 pm

I say we poke Audrey with hot pokers until she gives us Elyse's Snake Picture-fierce.
Breenis
Breenis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jilpen Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:53 pm

I agree. She will have the Best Photo in The History of Intm when we are done with her.
Jilpen
Jilpen

Back to top Go down

Post  VeganChris Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:05 pm

Well, I'm just going to pretend that this week never happened.
Thank you so much for keeping me in. This will not happen again.
Jonny, give your boyfriend a hug from me, k?
VeganChris
VeganChris

Back to top Go down

Post  Breenis Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:09 pm

He'll give him more than a hug, Christopher.
You know, I still think this week you showed a lot of determination. My rank of you had nothing to do with your photoshop skillz/lateness, it was more that you need to smile convincingly. Likin' your eyes though. Your eyes are getting good.
Good luck next week - to everyone!
Breenis
Breenis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny-boy Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:14 pm

VeganChris wrote:Well, I'm just going to pretend that this week never happened.
Thank you so much for keeping me in. This will not happen again.
Jonny, give your boyfriend a hug from me, k?

he'll be fine. he was really starting to get into this too, and i told him a few days ago that if he didn't get eliminated this week, he'd be eliminated the following week if his picture wasn't fierce as hell, which kinda blows because for the first time i think he really wanted to prove himself in a photoshoot, but oh well. he's not distraught. at least now i can use the camera to shoot some post-show work of myselfs!!! ^.^

Breenis wrote:He'll give him more than a hug, Christopher.
you bet your sweet ass i will. Wink
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Breenis Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:16 pm

I don't have that sweet an ass. I'm minus an ass. I have no booty.
Breenis
Breenis

Back to top Go down

Post  Firebolt Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:17 pm

Voicing his opinion for the first time is our judge Firebolt!! Welcome back!!!!

...for the first time since the beginning of cycle 3, actually. Way to call me out Razz [/lazyass]

Firebolt

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny-boy Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:19 pm

yeah, me too. but at least we make up for our lack of butt-fat with personality!

also, i'm really sorry we couldn't do recaps together this cycle, but maybe we can make a big, long one for the finale and then do the recaps next cycle?
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jilpen Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:20 pm

I am proud of Audrey...but bitch do you be getting complacent...you better try harder than this next week. Frosty, you did good this week. Poster, you need to send in your stuff on time next week. Crack, Post Something Please.
Jilpen
Jilpen

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey-GaGa Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:58 am

Audrey, I'm eating my words.

Your picture was bomb this week, and the best of anyone's. Please keep it up Smile
Joey-GaGa
Joey-GaGa

http://www.heymantalent.com/talent/details.cfm?ID=ie06w5109qnghk

Back to top Go down

Post  wendy. Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:00 am

aww. thanks to everyone that liked my pic. two weeks in a row! like, omg!
wendy.
wendy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jilpen Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:09 am

wendy. wrote:aww. thanks to everyone that liked my pic. two weeks in a row! like, omg!
If Audrey doesn't win, I want you to win Frosty.
Jilpen
Jilpen

Back to top Go down

Post  wendy. Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:32 am

Jilpen wrote:
wendy. wrote:aww. thanks to everyone that liked my pic. two weeks in a row! like, omg!

aw... Frosty? Like, Frosty The Snowman?
wendy.
wendy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny-boy Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:32 am

trust me, Wendy, you got one of the better nicknames...
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jilpen Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:33 am

wendy. wrote:
Jilpen wrote:

aw... Frosty? Like, Frosty The Snowman?
No like a Vanilla Frosty from Wendys... Very Happy
Jilpen
Jilpen

Back to top Go down

Post  wendy. Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:35 am

ooohhh. well, that makes more sense. and makes me sound delicious. haha.
wendy.
wendy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jilpen Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:37 am

Some of those names will never be shared...
Jilpen
Jilpen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny-boy Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:38 am

i will share them. i have access to your secret society meetings Jilpen.
but no, i won't share them.
i thought the one you gave Xander was somewhat funny though. =p
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next