IMDB's Next Top Model Cycle 4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JUDGING PANEL #5

+9
awkward_silences
norris6489-Vic
Jonny-boy
AudreyFTW
Mikiel
Karasu
Nigel
Jilpen
Sweet_Tyra
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

JUDGING PANEL #5 Empty JUDGING PANEL #5

Post  Sweet_Tyra Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:32 am

Hello everybody and welcome to the Fifth Judging Panel! This week was all about the media! You were snapped by the paparazzi stepping put of your limo and then snapped again when you strutted down the runway. Some of you also took part in an interview- If you have not completed this, do not worry! You still have another week to do it, so organise a time with me where you can!

Being in the public eye as a top model, it is important to always maintain your composure, because the paparazzi LIVE off snapping incriminating photos of celebrities. For this reason, both your best AND your worst shots were looked at this week! Only your best were considered in the callouts though!

OH and one more thing! This week, we hired a very special guest judge to help us with our decision. Please welcome..

JOEY GAGA!!!

Ok, settle down, settle down!
Lets take a look at the damage of Media Week!!

VICTOR, you are first!!

PAPARAZZI:

Best Shot:
JUDGING PANEL #5 Victorpap1

Bree:Okay, this isn't in a cruel way, but this picture kind of makes me laugh because it looks like you're runway-walking out of the car. Hah! Not a bad picture, definitely not perfect but not horrible, but I'm concerned again about your lack of photo quality. I can't really critique your face because I can't see it. As for the body, it's good, probably could stand to be broke-down a bit though.
SweetTyra: I love this shot of you. Even though I cant see your eyes, I can still feel a connection. I like the shapes you created with your arms and legs and as an image, this is very aesthetically pleasing photograph. Its candid and fashion at the same time. You look really cool! I like that the body isnt broken down. You werent meant to be posing, and here you arent, it looks like a natural strut out of a car. Well Done!
Cozy:This is a good photo of you, even though it looks less like you're upset about the photographers and more like you're trying to look upset so they'll take a picture of you. Either way, it works really well. Like your circus photo, the position of your body really makes me think "dancer" and I love it! This looks like it could be a runway shot too, though that would be a rather dramatic runway
Joey: have to say that I love the attitude your giving, the shot is clean and the focus is clear, but it feels a little forced. Kind of like Anna Faris' character in "Just Friends"...she walks into the bar expecting people to be photographing her and going nutso because she's a celebrity, but since no one is, she just ends up looking silly, and I think the same thing is sort of happening here. It's like you're expecting to be photographed and warding the paparazzi off in a "I'm going to pretend to not want to be photographed but I actually am creating a scene" way. Great vibe from the shot, though, and it's certainly not terrible.

Worst Shot:
JUDGING PANEL #5 Victorpap2

SweetTyra: Some of the judges liked this better than your "Best" and I think it is a better fashion shot, but as a candid paparazzi shot, you look like a drunkard stumbling out of his car. So in the magazine, they would brand you as an alcoholic haha, which is why it was chosen as your worst.

RUNWAY:

Best Shot:
JUDGING PANEL #5 Victorrun2

Bree: Huh, so, you haven't been my favourite throughout the competition, but the one good thing I always expect from you is image quality. What happened this week? This looks like a still from a video or something. The biggest concern is I can't see your eyes. For what I CAN see, I'll give the negative first: I don't know if it's the way you're standing or if you just have really skinny legs, but you didn't play to that. If you do indeed have very skinny legs (and twigginess is sexy, my boyfriend is totally emaciated and I love it) you shouldn't have bulked up your torso so much and left your legs bare because you look disproportionate and not very "high-end." On the plus side, I expected you to really overact, and this is very soft and gentle. Maybe it's just because we can't see your face, but your body is good too. I think you can see now that you can be powerful in a simple stance. Next week, dress the part!
Cozy: I actually like your shots this week, though you could have chosen a better runway outfit. I like that you're walking on the mattress, it brings an interesting color and shine into the photo. Bad image quality has brought this photo WAY down, but I like what i can see.
Joey: Oh Hot Chocolate Thunder...you really really REALLY need to learn the art of taking clearer pictures. I can tell that your face, body, positioning, and attitude are totally spot-on for this, but the quality of the photo makes it a terrible shot. Your face is perfectly fitting of someone on the runway, but I just can't get over the horrible quality of the picture. It doesn't matter if the model in a shot is working it beyond RuPaul's wildest dreams, if the quality of the photo itself is lacking, well, the overall shot is lacking as well. Brilliant modeling, horrible overall photo.
SweetTyra: Yeah, it is a shame about the camera quality but I know you had no way around that, so Im gonna disregard it. Its hard to judge the connection with the eyes, but I believe its there. You look really comfortable and cool walking down that runway. I actually kinda like the grainy effect, its kinda cool, makes it look real grungy. It def isnt a bad shot.

Worst Shot:
JUDGING PANEL #5 Victorrun-1

SweetTyra: This actually isnt that bad, the quality makes it a little hard to tell, but the only real negative thing to say about the modelling is that it seems your eyes arent focused and it looks like you are stumbling just a little. But again, poor image quality does make it hard to tell. The gossip mags would probably run wild with the alcoholic idea haha.

LAURA YOU ARE NEXT!!!

PAPARAZZI:
NO SHOT SUBMITTED

RUNWAY:

BEST SHOT:
JUDGING PANEL #5 Laurarun-2

Bree: WOAH!! I wasn't expecting you to pull this out. Last week was, "Hi, I'm smiling, look at my strawberry!" This week, you are selling a garment. Your FACE steals the show here. I never realized how beautiful your features are - like an angel. You've got doe-eyes and perfect lips and your skin is probably the best we've seen on INTM yet (yes, better than MINE)! My only criticism is it doesn't really look like you're walking. Too pose-y. It's lovely, but when you think about it, have you ever seen anyone walk down a runway like that?
SweetTyra: Wow, really sexy shot. I do agree though that if this was a still from a runway, Id say you were a little bit too bobble-headed haha. But as a shot, that brings a really nice aloof, ethereal element to it, which makes this look so peaceful and beautiful. I am absolutely awestruck by your eyes as well. They are so gorgeous here.
Cozy: I agree that this isn't as much of a natural walk as it could be, but it is very beautiful! Your face is perfection and you look very relaxed. I feel that holding the dress out like that does well to show off the garment, but it's obscuring your arm and making an odd shape. But very well done!
Joey: Girl, dis ain't no runway shot. It looks like you're just standing there making a pose someone looking in a dressing room mirror would make while seeing if the dress they grabbed off the rack fits properly. There's no sense of motion (which is extremely important in a runway photo) and the energy in the shot is nonexistent. Your face also looks pained, strained, and too tame. When was the last time you saw a model walk down the runway with their head tilted like that, with their dress held out to one side, and their hip popped? Never, because you can't really pop your hip in a pose when you're on a runway because you're moving, and it's very clear that you are not moving in this shot at all, my dear.

WORST SHOT:
JUDGING PANEL #5 Laurarun-1

SweetTyra: You didnt actually have any really bad photos in your film, which was impressive. I think the main problem was that some of them werent very natural and with this one, the stance just seems kind of awkward and doesnt do your body justice. In a massive contrast from your other photo, this one is very stiff and unsure.
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

https://imdbntmfour.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

JUDGING PANEL #5 Empty Re: JUDGING PANEL #5

Post  Sweet_Tyra Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:33 am

WENDY YOU ARE NEXT!!!

PAPARAZZI:
JUDGING PANEL #5 Wendypap2-1

Joey: BRILLIANT! I love it! One of my favorite shots of the competition...it's a bit too washed out, but it's a shot that actually finds the balance between too natural and too forced that I was talking about with Victors shots. Don't take this as an insult, but you look very much like Sasha Grey in 'The Girlfriend Experience' in this shot, and that's definitely a good thing. Your face looks fierce and beautiful and natural while at the same time it's aware of the camera and working in its simplicity. It's a great shot and the best paparazzi shot by far.
Bree: Yours is the best combination of model AND realism. Even though your hand is in the forefront, I see a gorgeous face and a nice body. The best part about this is you’ve created a lot of MOTION in the dress, which sells it very well. I believe that you’re actually walking. Awesome!
Cozy: This is sooo Angelina Jolie! Again, I love that it's a great pose but it also looks like you're about to move off frame. And even though you're wearing giant sunglasses, I can still see your expression and read the mood of the photo. Well done!
SweetTyra: I absolutely adore this photo. It looks like a candid shot and a fashion shot at the same time, which is really what I wanted. The dress looks good, I love the hand on the car and the other hand is positioned perfectly over your face, covering enough but not too much. A really great shot, I love it. Girl, youre on fire!

WORST SHOT:
JUDGING PANEL #5 Wendypap1

SweetTyra: The only real negative about this picture is that it maybe makes you look a little bit clumsy and because your eyes are closed, they could slap a "SHES DRUNK!!" headline on the front. But, you still look glamorous! Not really a terrible shot at all.

RUNWAY:

BEST SHOT:
JUDGING PANEL #5 Wendyrun1

Bree: This shot is perfection except for the face, which I'm sad to say brings it down a bit. Your lips are pursed and your eyes ar ea bit vacant. Now, I don’t expect you to have fiercecrazyeyezzzz on the runway, but they need to focus on SOMETHING in order to have life. You can do better.
Cozy: Wind in the hair, fabulous dress, beautiful makeup, and I love the setting and composition of this photo! It looks extremely fluid, like you're just going to breeze right past the camera. However, the bend in your knees make your legs look a little too short rather than the willowy-long that they should be with those heels on.Joey: Oh gurllll, at once I like this shot, but it also kind of irks me for some reason...maybe it's the tilted framing? I don't know...there's just something off about it. Your motion is half there...it looks like the shot was snapped just as you're about to lose your balance, like you're wobbling a bit, which throws off the "fierce" vibe we should be getting from a runway shot...and your face is almost there as well, but it looks too controlled, like you're trying to get a good runway face but focusing on loosing your balance far too much. It's an OK shot (and I love the outfit) but it's definitely not what I was expecting from you
SweetTyra: I really like the movement in this shot, the movement in the dress and the hair but there is a LOT of tension in your mouth, and it was like this in just about every shot. Its also lacking connection in the eyes. A bit of a flat shot for you unfortunately.

WORST SHOT:
JUDGING PANEL #5 Wendyrun2

SweetTyra: Theres something really strange about your face in this photo. You look very angry. And your eyes look a little lopsided or cross eyed, I dunno its very strange. As a reporter, I could probably make anything up like drug use or a fight with a friend effecting your work. It looks like you are thinking about too much or are carrying a burden. Really not a great shot.

JACK, YOURE NEXT!!!

PAPARAZZI:

BEST SHOT:
JUDGING PANEL #5 Jackpap1

Joey: I absolutely love everything about this photo except the face...I know with Victor's I told him he looked too forced, but you look too natural in this. I'm going to pull a confusing Tyra rant here and say that you need to find a balance between what is too natural and what is too over the top. For a shoot like this, I think you went too literal. You're face is too reminiscent of someone who actually doesn't want to be photographed by the paparazzi...with a bit of a softer touch to your face, this shot would have been perfect, but your face is just a tad too scrunched up! Other than that, this is good work!
Bree: Your body language in this picture is busted, but a good busted. You’re creating an interesting shape without over-contorting and you still show your clothes well. But there’s something missing in your face - maybe it’s the styling. I think you needed to slick your hair back or something, because from the neck down we get “bothered celebrity” but from the chin up we get “high school kid.”
SweetTyra: I really like the expression in the eyes in this shot. Youre giving a lot of attitude with your face without screwing it up too much. Youve sold the suit well, it looks really good on you here, but I think overall the body is way too clumsy and you didnt really think about your positioning too much. I didnt notice this until just now, but youre having the same problem with your right arm that you did last week- it looks far larger than the rest of your body because it is closer to the camera again! Just always remember your angles. A shot isnt only about acting out a moment.
Cozy: You look genuinely upset with the photographers in this shot, also the way your eyes aren't focused on the lens gives the impression that there are a lot more than just one paparazzi stalking you, like you're emerging into a giant crowd of flashbulbs. Very well acted, but I agree with Tyra that it needs more fashion and model quality.

WORST SHOT:
JUDGING PANEL #5 Jackpap2

SweetTyra: This is probably the worst "Worst" Paparazzi photo- you look tired and or drunk, your hands look like claws and because you are so young, that is VERY incriminating to have a picture of you like that suggests substance abuse at a red carpet event. Not only that, there is no fashion edge at all.

RUNWAY:
BEST SHOT:
JUDGING PANEL #5 Jackrun2

Joey: Oh my my my...I don't know what to say. I think you're definitely really into this competition and I know you've got the passion, but this shot is just...weak. Your face and energy are really giving off a lackluster vibe here. You've kinda got the motion thing going on and it's more believable as an in-motion runway shot than some of the other contestant's, but overall it's just a boring shot. Props on getting dressed up and really trying though, because I know you tried your hardest! Definitely NOT a horrible shot, but definitely not a great one either.
Cozy: I'm loving the expression here, it's so confidant and almost defiant. I also like your "wind in the tie" effect you got going on. Is that your cat in the background? The only awkward thing for me here is the hands, it looks more like you're gripping your thighs rather than holding them in your pockets.
Bree: Ace on the body, C on the face for me. I don't think face-on is a flattering angle for your face because you have very small eyes. But I also know that you can't help but be face-on on a runway. You still have a good expression, I just think if you had tilted your head down a bit you could have made your eyes look a bit bigger. Wonderful body - you look tall and suave.
SweetTyra: Ive got one word: SUUUAAAAVE!!! Man, you look so cool and confident and...dude-a-licious in this shot haha. You just make the clothes look really cool and youve totally got the right attitude, I really like it. I disagree with Bree about the eyes. Youve got these cute little mouse eyes and thats part of your look and you should be using them to your advantage. Every top model has some feature that distinguishes them and YES it is good to mix it up a little, but I think they work to your advantage in this shot.

WORST SHOT:
JUDGING PANEL #5 Jackrun1

SweetTyra: This shot is kinda funny. It looks like youve seen someone up in the crowd, are shocked by their presence and have lost concentration and balance and started to topple over haha. It would kinda be a cool shot and pose if it werent for a runway.

CHRIS- NO PICTURES SUBMITTED

THE JUDGES WILL NOW DELIBERATE!!!
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jilpen Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:02 am

Let me guess...Chris will be going home... Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
Jilpen
Jilpen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jilpen Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:03 am

And Joey stop telling everybody they look like characters from movies.
Jilpen
Jilpen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweet_Tyra Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:15 am

Welcome back models!!! It is now time to find out the results of the Fifth Judging Panel!!!
The judges scores have been tallied!

The first name I am going to call is the first person still in the running towards becoming IMDBs Next Top Model!

That person is...

WENDY!!! Congratulations! Your THIRD first callout in a row! Keep up the good work!

JACK!!! Well done, you are a big contender to win, just stay strong and keep producing those charismatic photos of yours!

VICTOR!!! You are starting to produce some really amazing photos! Congrats!!

LAURA!!! We missed out on one photo from you this week, so hopefully I will get it soon so I can add it to your portfolio!

CHRIS AND AUDREY:

This is not the end for you. If either of you wish to re-enter the competition this week, I will accept your photos! HOWEVER I will only accept them from one of you, so if you want to continue, please let me know!

If not, then Congrats to our Final 4 of Wendy, Jack, Victor and Laura!

Your next shoot will be up shortly!
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jilpen Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:22 am

Please let it be Audrey that sends it in...sorry Poster. Smile
Jilpen
Jilpen

Back to top Go down

Post  Nigel Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:25 am

wait what?
Nigel
Nigel

Back to top Go down

Post  Karasu Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:31 am

Ok I'll explain why lauras pic wasnt really runway. It was basically made up of two stools and a blanket; so it was impossible to "walk" on it, she did the best she could.
Karasu
Karasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikiel Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:41 am

Yay Wendy and Jack for good pictures! Yay Victor for improving! I would've given you first call out if your picture quality was better. I really like your runway picture regardless! Its fantastic haha. Keep on trucking Laura.
Mikiel
Mikiel

Back to top Go down

Post  AudreyFTW Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:11 am

Jilpen wrote:Please let it be Audrey that sends it in...sorry Poster. Smile
cheers
not the best though...
AudreyFTW
AudreyFTW

Back to top Go down

Post  Jilpen Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:32 am

What the hell is that supposed to mean....you better send in something.
Jilpen
Jilpen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny-boy Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:11 am

Karasu wrote:Ok I'll explain why lauras pic wasnt really runway. It was basically made up of two stools and a blanket; so it was impossible to "walk" on it, she did the best she could.

i think it was fabulous and the dim lighting reminded me a bit of your runway shot.
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

http://www.myspace.com/standupmotherfucker

Back to top Go down

Post  Nigel Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:43 am

how convenient.
Nigel
Nigel

Back to top Go down

Post  norris6489-Vic Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:26 am

I honestly thought you guys were gonna destroy my pictures. Thanx. Smile My pictures were wayyyy worst than that actually. I honestly thought I wouldn't be able to send anything in since the picture quality was so bad. But I had someone adjust the contrast as best as he could. And on the plus side... I think my camera is fixed now. Very Happy
norris6489-Vic
norris6489-Vic

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny-boy Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:50 am

so wait, did Chris quit too or just not turn anything in?
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

http://www.myspace.com/standupmotherfucker

Back to top Go down

Post  awkward_silences Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:58 am

Victor, I actually really like your runway picture! Besides the quality, I could honestly envision you walking down a catwalk best. If you pay enough attention to the photo, your face is the perfect amount of seriousness and fierceness that's needed on the runway, and your body is moving naturally, too. I'd give you the first callout for that photo, in all honesty.

And as for the pa-pa-pa-pa-paparazzi photo, I would definitely give it to Wendy. Beautiful shot.

Audrey, please turn in something! It's too soon for top 4!
awkward_silences
awkward_silences

Back to top Go down

Post  norris6489-Vic Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:29 am

Wendy.. LOVED your paparazzi show. Its so vintage and REAL looking.

And Erik... thanx a TON. Smile I may be using another camera for this weeks shoot, so hopefully my quality issue wont be a problem. Oh and about my outfit... I was inspired by this outfit I saw on a fashion blog:

JUDGING PANEL #5 80732696

I like the look. Besides the HORRID shoes. affraid lol.
norris6489-Vic
norris6489-Vic

Back to top Go down

Post  BirdieOwlSlashPterodactyl Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:08 am

Seriously, are those women's shoes? Or am I just out of touch with current hipster footwear?
BirdieOwlSlashPterodactyl
BirdieOwlSlashPterodactyl

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey-GaGa Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:25 am

Jilpen wrote:And Joey stop telling everybody they look like characters from movies.

Ok Latika.
Joey-GaGa
Joey-GaGa

http://www.heymantalent.com/talent/details.cfm?ID=ie06w5109qnghk

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey-GaGa Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:27 am

Karasu wrote:Ok I'll explain why lauras pic wasnt really runway. It was basically made up of two stools and a blanket; so it was impossible to "walk" on it, she did the best she could.

...it kinda sucked. She wasn't forced to walk on two stools and a blanket. Sure, that's what she did, but that's not the best she could do. It was a horrible runway shot IMO.

Last edited by Joey-GaGa on Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Joey-GaGa
Joey-GaGa

Back to top Go down

Post  Breenis Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:19 am

No, it wasn't.
Breenis
Breenis

Back to top Go down

Post  Nigel Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:44 am

it didn't.
let the real judges do their work.
yeah i totally went there.
Nigel
Nigel

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey-GaGa Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:46 am

Nigel wrote:it didn't.
let the real judges do their work.
yeah i totally went there.

I don't give a fuck if I'm a real judge or not, I thought it was a horrible shot.

You all need to learn to differentiate between my opinion on a photo and my opinion about the people I was judging...I don't have anything personal against anyone. I just didn't like the shot. That's not to say I don't like Laura, because I don't know her, I'm not here to judge her. I was simply given the position as guest judge for this week, so I did just that. And when people try to make excuses for said horrible photos, I'm going to state my opinion even more. Sensitive, much?

You know I figured that after all of this time, the regulars that I consider friends on here would understand where I come from and why I say the things that I do and should be ABLE to differentiate between when I'm giving an opinion and when I'm being nasty.
Joey-GaGa
Joey-GaGa

Back to top Go down

Post  Nigel Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:51 am

"You know I figured that after all of this time, the regulars that I consider friends on here would understand where I come from and why I say the things that I do"

joking, milla j joe. daaaamn.
Nigel
Nigel

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey-GaGa Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:55 am

Nigel wrote:"You know I figured that after all of this time, the regulars that I consider friends on here would understand where I come from and why I say the things that I do"

joking, milla j joe. daaaamn.

Mad

You all get me so riled up! You do dis on purpose Sad
Joey-GaGa
Joey-GaGa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next