IMDB's Next Top Model Cycle 4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Judging Panel #2!!!!

+10
Killian Machine
Nigel
Jilpen
AudreyFTW
norris6489-Vic
VeganChris
Karasu
Lifey66
awkward_silences
Sweet_Tyra
14 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Judging Panel #2!!!! Empty Judging Panel #2!!!!

Post  Sweet_Tyra Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:57 am

Hello everyone and welcome to your second Judging Panel. It seems so long ago since our last one doesn’t it! Our lovely judge Andy went to frickin SPAIN this week! Lucky bastard! So he has only commented on those who sent their shoots in on time! This week, you created shoots that were inspired by childhood board games.

Lets see how you all went!

VICTOR, you are first and you had OPERATION.

Judging Panel #2!!!! 3-Victor

Nigel: This is just too much. The expression is too intense, so's the pose. The game behind you makes this look too literal. I know you're supposed to sell something, and I know what you're trying to sell are those bracelets things, but you don't have to be so obvious about it. If this was from a magazine, I would just be like "the bracelets are too in your face" and then I'd turn the page. Sometimes subtlety is great. Try being more subtle next time. Also, you could have done "Operation" without the game behind you. The gloves do that.
TyraLesus: I dont think you were as creative as you could have been and I think you might have taken the brief a little bit too literally. You were supposed to use the game as inspiration, not actually use the game haha. What I do like is the mood you created. You almost had a good set up with the gloves and the scalpel and the sinister look. I dont feel it is completely sincere, though. You had all the right ideas, it just didnt work out as well as it could have
Andy: I get creepy operation, this puts a dark spin on a beloved child game and to be honest I am not sure I like it. Its all there and it should work, but for some reason something is not clicking with you! The clothing is very tacky, and that may be taking away from this photo.
Karasu: Ok I really don't get the bracelets, they are out of place and they are a little too feminine. But the rest is pretty good, i love your intensity and how you look like an evil doctor thats about to kill someone haha. Also it wouldve been better if you worked with that glove a little bit, i keep looking at it thinking you are putting it on,but you are not lol
Cozy: Well this is good, but not fabulous. The reason this isn't quite modely enough for me is the face. You're acting too much, and it's extremely cheesy. The composition of the photo itself isn't very interesting, but I like the specificity of your hands. I just don't see much ingenuity here.
Bree: Buddy, I hope you take this critique seriously: I remember on my first photoshoot, the judges told me I was trying too hard to do unique poses. That's what you're doing too. You're trying to go for intensity, I guess, and a mad scientist thing. But everything looks really contrived. I had the same problem last week; you're trying far too hard. You are one of the few people here who really HAS the goods - you're VERY attractive, you have a good fashion sense, and you're creative. You don't have to do so much.

LAURA, lets see your spin on OPERATION:

Judging Panel #2!!!! Laura-3

Bree: WOWOAH! Look at you, miss lady! Last week I thought, "Oh, she's not really that great, she'll be gone in a few weeks." There's so much "right" going on with this photo, I am in love. For example, that outfit is loving you. Last week I said you weren't doing anything for the outfit, but you've made this one look like a couture gown. And you're captured three things beautifully - the stress of being a surgeon, the campiness of a childhood game, and lots of sex appeal. Good job!
Karasu: My favorite picture of the bunch, and im not just saying that cuz your'e my sister lol. Everything about this is perfect. My only concern is your facial expression, you look a little confused. If you work on showing more emotion, i think you can improve a lot.
Andy: The pose is stiff, as is the face but I mean its not terrible. Overall its mediocre. Your unique take on Operation is fun, so that gets you a few points in my book!
TyraLesus: I really like this shot of you. What youve done with your set and with your body is really interesting and you have mastered your angles. Your face looks great and your body looks far better than it did in your first shot, it looks like a completely different physique. If you were aiming to sell that shoe, Id say you would have plenty of buyers, well done. The only thing I can really fault is the mangled hand on the right haha.
Nigel: Now, I like the pose, and the set you created for yourself. It looks as if you're playing the game, without having the game there. The pose. You're selling the shoe, I can tell. And this is what i mean about not being too "in your face" with the product. You're using the pose to your advantage. My only negative about this is that you look a tiny bit scared. Other than that, great job.
Cozy: You look more and more like my friend Brette every day. This is a great shot! I love the simplicity of your outfit and the prop, everything is very clean but positioned in an eye-catching fashion. The pose is solid, but you've lost one of your feet and your arms are drowning in labcoat.

Next up is XANDER, your game was TWISTER:

Judging Panel #2!!!! 3-Xander

Nigel: This kinda looks like Twister at the beach. I like the idea and what you did with the...towels? Your pose is fine and the expression is too. My negatives are that we can't really see your face because of the light and that the camera's on top of you. It makes it a bit myspacey.
Karasu: Ok first the bad, the angle is a bit too myspacey and you are not really contorting enough. I do like that you made your own twister mat and your overall look in the photo. It's just a tad mediocre, next week try to be more modelly.
TyraLesus: I admire what you tried with the lighting, but its a little too bright and we lose your face. I can still feel a smidgen of connection with your eyes, but it is mostly drowned by the obscene lighting. I said last week that I was worried you wouldnt be present in your photos, but in this one you really are. And I thought Jonny would remember from last cycle that I dont like seeing those bogan ripped jeans in shoots unless its absolutely neccessary lol! I don’t like the angle for the shot, but I think it was a great angle for your face and your body, your physique looks great.
Cozy: I love your face here! You're working a very extreme angle, but I think it works for you. I wish that you would have spread out more and really taken advantage of the unique shapes you could make with your limbs from that high point of view. I actually like the lighting. Good job!
Bree: You look like a cool cat. And I think this was a really good way of making a makeshift Twister board even if you don't have one. But like Wendy, the only Twister element about this is the mat. You're not doing anything vaguely Twister-like. And you had it easier - you're sitting on it! *explodes*

WENDY, lets see what you did with TWISTER:

Judging Panel #2!!!! 3-Wendy

TyraLesus: I think you look kinda sexy in this shot actually, but as a whole Im not blown away. Again, Im not feeling the power of your stance and it kind of feels half hearted. The tagline for Twister is "The game that ties you up in knots". You had a great opportunity here to really experiment with crazy poses and contortions, but unfortunately you didnt deliver that and the end result is just a bit blah, Im afraid.
Karasu: Hmm,well its not really twister,but i actually really like it. You look great!the background couldve been used more,but you did an ok job
Nigel: I find this a bit boring. You're not really doing anything other than standing in front of the polka dots and posing. I like your outfit, and the expression's cool. Next time try to be more imaginative. Maybe do a pretzel. A human pretzel. On the wall!
Cozy: Well, Twister is a very sexy game and I think both you and Xander nailed that aspect. Your hair and outfit are slammin, but never do a pose like that with your leg if you don't intend to show your entire leg. Zoom out and focus on the body shape! Get it twisted
Bree: You are totally sexy, lady! This is a lot more fashion than your last two shots. You actually look completely different, so I have hope for you as a chameleon. So here's the (big) negative. I don't see Twister. Yeah, you're in front of the polka dots, but is that enough? I really don't think so. This could be an add for spotted curtains. You could have twisted your body, done some contortion, you know! You're just kind of *there,* so I'm disappointed
Andy: I may be alone in saying this but I love this picture. I love the look in your eyes and you look a lot like Lily Allen! I think this is a great picture

CHRIS, lest see what you did with MONOPOLY!

Judging Panel #2!!!! 3-chris

TyraLesus: I think you took a massive step forward this week, which is great to see. I think your expression is spot on, it isnt contrived or overacted this week, and youve given us a nice simple pose that not only works, but kind of tells a story. The composition is not fantastic, although I kind of like the enigmatic door feature. It makes me wonder who behind that door you are paying and what for haha. The negative about the door is that it really shows how short you are. Doors are great indicators of someones hight because they are usually the same size and the knob is usually in the same position. If you are going to use a door in your shot, you might like to cheat the angle to make yourself look taller. But good job this week.
Bree: Hot damn, what a step up! As a judge, nothing makes he happier than seeing a model take our advice. Last week it seemed like you were gonna be one of those people who pulled their shoots together at the last second. You set this very well and your costume is a modern take on Mr. Pennybags. If this were based on improvement alone, you'd be first on my list. Unfortunately, you still have a ways to go. Your face still seems way too fake-intense to me. It's like you're trying to contrive fierceness. Think of Jeraldo's Mr. Pennybags picture. It was quirky. I kind of would like to see you try something quirky next week, instead of just this faux-intense mouth-open look
Karasu: MAJOR improvement from last week, i can tell that you actually tried this time. It's not 100 % there though, you need to work on posing more,because the pose here is a little weak, while the face is spot on. Good job!
Andy: I dont get Monopoly at all. I like your choice of clothing though, I mean I guess its not a complete failure but eh I mean I cant say this is a good picture when it really is just normal and boring, I have yet to see you excel!
Nigel: When I first saw this picture I was all "what's this supposed to be?" then I read that it's Monopoly. I was gonna hate at first but then I couldn't come up with a way to make Monopoly high fashion without having to wear a top hat and a monocle. The more I look at the picture, the more I dig it. Definitely waaay better than last week. You're slowly improving and I like that. Try not to be too slow though, before it's too late. Your expression's cool, the body pose needs a little work though. It's a bit too... "I'm posing". If that makes any sense.
Cozy: I like the outfit and the overall feel of the shot, but it definitely needs more OOMPH. Poses have to have a purpose, and this looks pretty purposeless, your arms are just kinda "there." I can't really tell what you're trying to sell either. MUCH better than last week though, and I love your face from the mouth up

AUDREY, you had CLUEDO, lets take a look:

Judging Panel #2!!!! 2h5pmol

Karasu: Just.........Just give up
Nigel: hahahah damn you're good
Cozy: This is a lot better than last week because it might actually apply to the brief, but I'm concerned with whether or not this is an old shot. It's also not very obvious that it's Clue because you're not visibly holding a murder weapon and your face is more smiling for the camera than smiling out of evil pride.
Bree: I DO just wanna say this: I have far more respect for someone like Billie or Brad who decided to drop out, than for someone who just submits this crap. Because you're actually consciously wasting our time. After we told you what a lazy dorkus you were last week, you still submitted utter crap. Thanks for nothing.
TyraLesus: Ok, theres one thing I wanna say. Its very frustrating to see such a beautiful girl with so much potential just not trying hard enough. I think the reason the judges were so harsh is because we are assuming this is an old shot you pulled off your computer again. However, for all we know, you might have actually taken this picture this week and just had a creative block and didn’t really know what to do. I am always here to help and if you need advice on how to go about your shoots, I will be happy to help you and guide you through it and explain how it all works.

AMBER- NO PHOTO SUBMITTED

JACK, lets see what you did with MOUSETRAP!

Judging Panel #2!!!! 3-jack

TyraLesus: I really love this shot. The shapes you have made with your body are great. Im really feeling the story aswell, its like you have finally broken out of your trap and are trying to quitly creep away from your captor. Your face is controlled, your neck is long, I love the shoulder, the hands on your tie. I feel like you are the only one who was trully modelling in your photo from tip to toe. It was well worth the wait, well done.
Nigel: I really like this picture. You look the part, even if it's in kind of a cartoonish way. It's like, cartoon couture or whatever. Anyway, I get what you're trying to sell, your pose is good, it's simple but sometimes simple is better cause then it can get awkward. Your expression is great. You look worried, and I've never had a conversation with a mouse, but I'm sure he'd tell me that he'd be worried if he was trapped. I don't really have any negatives, except I really would have liked it a tiny bit more if you were inside the "trap". Other than that, awesome job!
Cozy: This is pretty damn good, Jack. You're selling the tie AND working the story, and the pose is dynamic. I like how everything has consistent color, it makes the shot look really clean. There's just the right amount of tension in your face, and i feel like you're actually looking up at something, maybe taunting the pathetic human who trapped you. Nice!
Bree: Holy crap, Jack! You're trying to make me love you! And I just might! This is awesome, because you used what you had, but you still made it clear what game we were looking at. I love how you've gotten angular without losing any of your body, and you're a short guy but you look long and lean. You make the mouse ears and whiskers look good as well. Another gold star!

KRISTEN- NO PHOTOS SUBMITTED
ANN, lets see your take on CANDYLAND:

Judging Panel #2!!!! 4-ann

TyraLesus: This is so editorial, I love the legs and the sad doe eyes. What I dont like is the mouth, though, its a bit...gawky and not very controlled. When I think of candlyland, I think of colour and I think you couldve included that a little bit more, but its still a great shot.
*awaiting more comments*

DANI- PHOTOS ON THE WAY.

Last edited by Sweet_Tyra on Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

https://imdbntmfour.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Judging Panel #2!!!! Empty Re: Judging Panel #2!!!!

Post  awkward_silences Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:02 am

I haven't read the panel yet, but HOLY CRAP, SPAIN? lol. AWESOME!
awkward_silences
awkward_silences

Back to top Go down

Post  Lifey66 Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:10 am

Ok, i think we all need to accept right now that Jack is going to beat the living crap out of us all if we don't BRING THE FIERCE!
Lifey66
Lifey66

Back to top Go down

Post  Karasu Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:14 am

So Dani did send in her pictures?
Karasu
Karasu

Back to top Go down

Post  VeganChris Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:16 am

Ann, I completely LOVE your picture! You're eyes look brilliant!
And, yeah... Jack is gonna take a big doodey on all of us, Ann.

I can't get over how Laura and Wendy look like completely different people from last week Shocked

And thanks for the criticism guys! I was surprised at the shot that you picked; it was one of the ones that I didn't like compared to the others.
VeganChris
VeganChris

Back to top Go down

Post  Lifey66 Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:16 am

Now that I FINALLY got this done, and i'm seeing the fierce-ness...idk its just making the intensity of this competition so much more real. Like pretty soon the bad shots are gonna be gone, and i REALLY don't want to be one of them, and once they're gone...omg its going to be SUCH an intense competition!

PS Chris a) i'm jealous that you got monopoly, and b) YOU LOOK SO HOT! You're really bringing it too!

Last edited by Lifey66 on Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Lifey66
Lifey66

Back to top Go down

Post  Karasu Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:17 am

I'm shocked every week jack turns in his photos. He is definately the dark horse.
Karasu
Karasu

Back to top Go down

Post  norris6489-Vic Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:22 am

Lifey66 wrote:Ok, i think we all need to accept right now that Jack is going to beat the living crap out of us all if we don't BRING THE FIERCE!

^^^what SHE said^^^

i WAS upset that this shot was chosen... but then again... the other shots werent MUCH better. i went wayyy too literal. No
norris6489-Vic
norris6489-Vic

Back to top Go down

Post  awkward_silences Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:23 am

What you said to Audrey was nice, Lesus. Smile
awkward_silences
awkward_silences

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweet_Tyra Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:27 am

Victor, I actually thought your black and white shots were better to look at, but they had absolutely nothing to do with Operation, except for the fact that the game was next to you.

And yeh i kinda felt horrible reading what some of the other judges had said about audrey. Sure, she isnt really submitting anything amazing and it is frustrating as hell that she isnt taking this seriously, but i dont think shes deliberately doing it coz shes a bitch or a horrible person...she robably just doesnt understand how the game workd or cant be bothered
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  awkward_silences Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:27 am

Btw, Ann, even though I was your photographer as;dofhnvwpoerfahs;dlfc asd your legs go on for miles, which is crayzay cuz you're shorter than me, yet you always photograph like you're Aminat or something! lol

Wendy, you really do look different. I like your hair in this shot. Very Happy
awkward_silences
awkward_silences

Back to top Go down

Post  Karasu Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:29 am

I dont think anyone gets my comment for Audrey, its from a parody of the snuggie blanket lol.
Karasu
Karasu

Back to top Go down

Post  awkward_silences Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:33 am

OH! I'VE SEEN THAT! lol
awkward_silences
awkward_silences

Back to top Go down

Post  norris6489-Vic Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:34 am

im feeling a bit like Sandra. i KNOW i can do it... im just... not performing... lol.
norris6489-Vic
norris6489-Vic

Back to top Go down

Post  Lifey66 Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:36 am

I def feel like my inspiration for my shoot was the giant lollipop was like a portal to candyland or something. because its so giant and swirly. And i'm guarding it.
Lifey66
Lifey66

Back to top Go down

Post  norris6489-Vic Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:51 am

all of u guys kicked ass this week... good job.
norris6489-Vic
norris6489-Vic

Back to top Go down

Post  Lifey66 Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:00 am

ok now i'm totally blowing off studying for my government final because i'm obsessively checking for comments!
Lifey66
Lifey66

Back to top Go down

Post  AudreyFTW Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:01 am

Sweet_Tyra wrote:And yeh i kinda felt horrible reading what some of the other judges had said about audrey. Sure, she isnt really submitting anything amazing and it is frustrating as hell that she isnt taking this seriously, but i dont think shes deliberately doing it coz shes a bitch or a horrible person...she robably just doesnt understand how the game workd or cant be bothered
Ugh. I don't want people to think that I'm not trying because I am. I just do not know what to do. And I swear next week's shot will be freshly taken if I stay in the competition.
AudreyFTW
AudreyFTW

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweet_Tyra Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:04 am

Thanks Audrey, I really wanted to hear that from you! Hopefully if you make it through you will do just that!!

And remember, any help you need, im just a message away
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  VeganChris Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:06 am

AUDREY!

ok, this helped me a lot. just read the briefs and then look at those weeks' pictures; look at what the contestants do and how they interpret the brief. I hope this helps Smile

http://imdbntm3.forumotion.com
VeganChris
VeganChris

Back to top Go down

Post  Lifey66 Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:16 am

this competition is the epitome of 'a picture is worth a thousand words'.
Lifey66
Lifey66

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweet_Tyra Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:28 am

ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!

Ok, guys theres no point in trying to make this Panel dramatic, as I think its fairly obvious which people wont be in the competition next week.

Kristen and Amber are eliminated.

As for Emma and Dani- Even if they dont submit something this week, which they have both told me they are, they will remain in the competition because they both sent 2 shoots in last week.

I am going to post the new TyraMail NOW and the next photoshoot will be delivered tomorrow, or later tonight if soemone guesses correctly.

I wanna get this competition moving along a little bit more rapidly. I know its been a frustrating few weeks with people not submitting things, but stick in there because I think we have a very passionate Final 7/8 and the competition will be on fire from that point onwards.

I will post the callout order tomorrow also, when all judges have finished
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jilpen Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:28 am

Well, that was kind of anticlimatic. BYE DISAPPONTING BLACK GIRL!!!! Bye girl that posted all the time that forgot why she posted here!!!!!
Jilpen
Jilpen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jilpen Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:31 am

And Audrey I like your picture...well not for the competition...but I like your body. I hope you win if you start kicking ass.
Jilpen
Jilpen

Back to top Go down

Post  Nigel Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:38 am

g'bye!
Nigel
Nigel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next